The Illinois Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) advisors guide businesses on how to expand into new markets and navigate the maze of federal, state and local governmental contracting. Expertise includes:
- Bid Opportunity System: This customized service searches keyword terminology on over 2000 sites per day to identify opportunities at the local, state, and federal levels.
- Certification assistance (WBE, MBE, SDB, 8A, HUBZone, VOSB, SDVOSB, DBE): We help identify appropriate certification, review applications, and conduct a final analysis of the certification package.
- Proposal preparation assistance: Advisors can assess an opportunity received from a client to offer contracting expertise and recommendations for bid/proposal creation.
- Pre- and post-contract review:Services include contract pre-award and post-award analysis plus contract compliance assistance after a bid is awarded.
- Market research: We help identify the Small Business Specialists at federal agencies to contact. Additionally, advisors will supply procurement histories on National Stock Numbers (NSN).
- Registration assistance: Initial entrance into state or federal markets may require mandated registrations for which we offer detailed insights and recommendations. Become a client and get FREE guidance.
Our training and advising is available for new and existing businesses. Our grant funding requires that you register your business (or your business idea) with us.
Business Development Center
Illinois Procurement Technical Assistance Center
535 Duane Street, Office 233
Glen Ellyn IL 60137
Ileen Kelly, Illinois APEX Accelerator Program
Phone: (630) 942-2184
Fax: (630) 942-2606
Regular Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Illinois PTAC at College of DuPage is provided through a cooperative agreement with the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA). Program support is made possible by the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) and College of DuPage.
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact Jean Lin, 535 Duane Street, Glen Ellyn, IL 60137, (630) 942-2600.