The SBDC provides one-on-one counseling services to new and existing businesses at no charge. We will review business plans and discuss financing options, bank loans, SBA and state-backed loan programs, marketing, management and other topics of concern to our business clients. Counseling sessions are by appointment only.
- Financial Analysis/Checkup
- You must be able to read between the lines of your financial statements and make the seemingly inconsequential numbers accessible and comprehensible. Our counselors will work with you to review your financials to offer a reality check and a plan for financial growth.
- Development Marketing Plan
- Identifying your market is the key to successful business. Who is your customer? Where are they located? How will you reach your ideal target base? All of these questions and more can be addressed with you to develop a comprehensive marketing plan.
- Business Plan Analysis
- Do you have a business plan? Our counselors will examine your business plan and offer in-depth expertise on this important road map for your business.
Don’t have a business plan yet? Attend The Startup Guide to Business.
The SBDC conducts workshops for all business needs throughout the year. All workshops ensure that the information provided is timely, relevant and immediately applicable to small businesses. Instructors are small business owners, professionals, and staff of the Illinois SBDC at College of DuPage. Workshops range in duration and presentation style and are delivered in various formats. View SBDC Schedule.
The SBDC provides referrals of area business professionals to clients of the Business Development Center. We maintain a database of accountants, attorneys, consultants, banks, and other business providers who are particularly attuned to small business needs. Additionally, clients of the Business Development Center also have access to the full resources of the College of DuPage Library.
Business Development Center
Illinois Small Business Development Center
535 Duane Street, Office 233
Glen Ellyn IL 60137
Ute Westphal, Program Manager
Phone: (630) 942-2630
Fax: (630) 942-2606
Summer Hours (Through Aug. 9)
Monday to Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Regular Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.