HEERF Emergency Funding
The Department of Education has allocated funds through the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF I, II, III) to College of DuPage. These funds are to support students who are financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Applications are open to fund students with unmet needs on a first come, first serve basis until funds are exhausted.
HEERF I, II, III Emergency Funding Eligibility
- You must be currently enrolled as a College of DuPage student.
- Students can be enrolled in degree and/or certificate program, including online and non-credit programs.
HEERF I, II, III Emergency Funding Frequently Asked Questions
The HEERF grant funds can be used toward the cost of tuition, books and supplies, food, housing, health care (including mental health care), technology, and/or dependent care.
HEERF grants will be available in amounts between $300 and $1500 for eligible students. HEERF grants will be available in similar amounts and can be requested for multiple terms on a first come first served basis
Yes. Students are eligible to receive HEERF grants in both academic years.
Applications will be reviewed in the order in which they are received. You will be notified via your COD student email account when a decision has been made on your application.
If your application is approved and you are offered an award, please allow 2 to 3 weeks for the funds to be processed.
Funds applied toward tuition will go directly into your account balance.
Other funds will be processed using direct deposit (eRefunds) or checks. We encourage all students to enroll in direct deposit. If you are already enrolled in eRefunds, the funds will be deposited directly into your bank account. If you are not enrolled in eRefunds for a direct deposit, your refund will be issued as a check. Direct deposit refunds will be issued first.
Follow the instructions for eRefunds if you need to enroll in direct deposit.
No, repayment is not required.
No, HEERF grants are not considered taxable income and will not impact your financial aid.
Yes, however you will only be refunded what you paid up to $2,500.
Yes. If you were awarded HEERF funds for books and supplies, you may purchase them at the bookstore.
No. HEERF funds can only be used for books purchased at the bookstore.
College of DuPage offers and connects students to many potential funding opportunities.
- Scholarship opportunities are available to COD students with eligibility criteria.
- Undocumented and DACA Resources are available for DACA and undocumented students looking for scholarships or funding specific to their needs.
- State funding for eligible undocumented and transgender students who qualify through the Retention of Illinois Students & Equity (RISE) Act and Alternative Application for Illinois Financial Aid