General Processing Information
- After filing your 2020-2021 FAFSA, the Office of Student Financial Assistance will receive your results, electronically, in about 3 to 4 business days - provided you have completed your College of DuPage Admissions Application.
- After we receive your results electronically, we will contact you via your COD email address to request additional information as determined by your FAFSA results.
- The requested information can be viewed in your myACCESS under Financial Aid Self Service. It is the student's responsibility to check their COD email and Financial Aid Self Service regularly.
- The Federal Processor or College of DuPage may select your FAFSA application in a process called Verification. If you have been selected for Verification, you may be required to submit copies of your 2018 signed Federal Tax Returns (and your parents', if dependent or your spouse's, if married) to the Office of Student Financial Assistance. Non Tax Filers may be required to submit a Verification of Non Filing Status Letter from the IRS.
- When submitting requested forms to our office, please be sure to have your name and student ID number on each form. All forms can be uploaded through your Financial Aid Self Service.
- Incomplete paperwork will delay the processing of your financial aid application. Please note: While we strive to process all student documents within two to three weeks, this time frame may be extended during peak processing times. Students are encouraged to submit paperwork in a timely manner to prevent processing delays
2020-2021 Financial Aid Forms
Forms requested by the Office of Student Financial Assistance will be listed in Financial Aid Self Service. To check the status of your financial aid application
- Log into myaccess.cod.edu
- Click on myACCESS for Students
- Click on Financial Aid
- Click on Financial Aid-Self Service
- View your checklist to see if there are any outstanding/incomplete documents
All completed and requested forms for Fall Semester 2020 must be submitted to our office by July 1st to ensure a Financial Aid Award Letter in time for Fall Semester 2020. Forms submitted after July 1st will continue to be processed for Fall Semester 2020.
- Academic Level Form
- Alternative Loan Request Form
- Federal Direct Loan Form
- Ineligible Academic Program
- No Financial Aid Processing Statement
- PLUS Loan Request Form
- Re-Processing Request Form
- Request to Amend an Approved Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal
- Return of Loan Funds Request Form
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Form
- Special Conditions Review Request
- Update High School - FAFSA
- Update High School - Records Office
- Instructions to Request a Verification of Non Filing Letter
- Instructions to Request a Wage and Income Transcripts
Office of Student Financial Assistance
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 2220, (630) 942-2251
Fax: (630) 942-2151
Monday to Thursday: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.