College of DuPage provides students the opportunity to make payments throughout the semester via one of our affordable payment plans. The earlier you enroll in a payment plan, the lower the required down payment and more payment options available.
College of DuPage offers three types of payment plans:
- Active Payment Plan
Available for students paying out of pocket and students deemed ineligible for the Deferred Payment Plan.
- A $25 non-refundable set-up fee will be charged at time of enrollment.
- A down payment is required at time of enrollment.
- Incomplete FA Payment Plan
May be available for students with outstanding financial aid paperwork requiring the student's attention.
- May be available for students with outstanding financial aid paperwork requiring the student's attention.
- A $5 down payment is required at time of enrollment.
- The payment plan has 3 scheduled payments, the first of which is before the financial aid disbursement date.
- Once the student completes the outstanding financial aid paperwork and is deemed eligible for financial aid, the student must enroll in a new payment plan to prevent the first payment from drawing.
- If the student does not enroll in a new payment plan, and an account balance exists on the scheduled payment date, the payment will be automatically charged to the saved payment method on file, and a $25 non-refundable set-up fee will be charged to the student account.
- Deferred Payment Plan
May be available for students utilizing financial aid or veterans benefits.
- A $5 down payment is required at time of enrollment.
- The payment plan has two scheduled payments, both of which are after the financial aid disbursement date.
- If the account balance is not paid in full by financial aid prior to the first scheduled payment date, the payment will be automatically charged to the saved payment method on file, and a $25 non-refundable set-up fee will be charged to the student account.
Only current semester charges for tuition and fees can be included in the payment plan. Fines and prior term charges can be paid at the Cashier’s Office.
Frequently Asked Questions
While enrolling in a payment plan, if you receive an error message “Unable to save your new credit card – Credit card number or expiration date is not valid” or “Account validation failed. Please check your ABA routing number and try again,” follow these steps:
- Click on Cancel and repeat the steps to enroll in a payment plan.
- Click on payment plans from the top menu.
- Click on Enroll Now.
- Choose a Term from drop down box and click on Select.
- Choose the payment plan from the plans that are available to you from the drop down box and click on Select.
- Review the details of your payment plan and click on Continue.
- Click on Display Payment Schedule.
- Review your Payment Schedule and click on Continue.
- Choose your Payment Method (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Checking, or Savings) from the drop down box and click on Select.
- Enter the requested information on the right side and click on Continue.
- Review the payment plan Agreement. If you would like to print the agreement, click the “Print Agreement” box.
- Check the box “I agree” at the bottom of the page and click on Continue.
The payment plan require a checking/savings account or a debit/credit card. College of DuPage does have a bank on campus. U.S. Bank offers a U.S. Bank Student Checking account. The checking account has no minimum balance and no monthly maintenance fees as long as you are a student. Stop by their location to inquire about this option or visit a local bank near you to see how they could help you.
Yes, for additional semester charges that occur on your account during the semester, the payment plan balance will be recalculated to reflect the new installment amount(s).
While payment plan specifies the date each payment will occur, College of DuPage determines the time of day the payment is debited. Once the payment has attempted, you will be notified via email if the payment processed successfully.
If a payment date falls on a weekend or banking holiday, the payment will be attempted the following business day. View due dates for each payment plan.
If a payment is returned, a $30 late fee will be assessed to your student account. Payment must be made immediately or you may be dropped from your classes for the amount owed.
Students with excessive returned payments may be denied eligibility to participate in the payment plan.
Important! The College of DuPage payment plan adjusts your installment payments for new charges or credits applied to the account daily so that the final installment(s) will include any unpaid semester charges.
- NOTE: An email notification will be sent out to notify you of changes to your payment plan balance and installment payments for dropping and/or adding a class. New charges or credits applied are divided sequentially into the remaining installments.
Financial aid is handled separately from the payment plan. If an outstanding balance exists on the student account on the scheduled payment date, the student is responsible for the agreed upon payment amounts denoted in the payment plan.
For students in the Deferred Payment Plan, when financial aid is applied to your account, it will reduce your account balance. If the amount of aid disbursed does not cover your student account balance, you are still responsible for the scheduled payment.
For students in the Incomplete FA Payment Plan, you have outstanding financial aid paperwork requiring your attention. You may not be eligible for financial aid until this paperwork is completed. The first scheduled payment is before the financial aid disbursement dates. Once the outstanding paperwork is completed and you are deemed eligible for financial aid, you must enroll in a new payment plan.
Yes, if you want to participate in the payment plan next semester, you must enroll again. The payment plan is only valid for the semester you sign up for. The $25.00 non-refundable setup fee is charged each semester.
Questions may be directed via email to email@example.com call (630) 942-2206 or visit the Cashier's Office in the Berg Instructional Center (BIC) Room 2424.
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2424
Monday to Thursday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Phone: (630) 942-2206
Fax: (630) 942-2909