Ben Whisenhunt, Professor of History, has been teaching at College of DuPage since 1992. He served as chair of the History Department from 2017 to 2020. At COD, he has been involved in four Field Studies class/trips to Russia (2008, 2010, 2012, and 2017). He has served on numerous committees including Faculty Senate and Faculty Welfare Committee. In 2001, he was a visiting lecturer at Canterbury Christ Church University in Canterbury, England. In 2006, he was a J. William Fulbright Senior Scholar at Ryazan' State University in Ryazan', Russia. He has published seven books on Russian history. He is co-series editor of "Americans in Revolutionary Russia"from Slavica Publishers. This is a republication series of American eyewitness accounts of the Russian Revolution of 1917.
He is also co-managing editor of Journal of Russian American Studies (JRAS).
Recent Courses Taught at COD
- History 1120: Europe in the Modern World
- History 1140: U.S. History since 1865
- History 2225: History and Culture of Russia
- History 2235: 20th Century World History
- History 2237: History of Terrorism
- Ph.D., History, University of Illinois at Chicago
- M.A., History, University of Nebraska at Omaha
- B.A., History and Russian, Cornell College