Tactical operators gain a comprehensive overview of deployment considerations and an understanding of the tactics needed for successful missions. Training includes classroom, live-fire and practical exercises. Participants discuss and practice team concepts, operational planning, legal considerations, close quarter combat, manual breaching, proper use of ballistic shields and low-light tactics, as well as physical fitness and warrior mindset. Operators return to their departments with a sound tactical foundation and the fundamental skills required for SWAT operations, including high-risk warrant service, barricaded subjects and hostage rescue.
HAll details will be emailed prior to course.
- Handgun and long-gun weapons skills
- Dynamic and surreptitious tactics
- The role of the sniper or observer
- Chemical munitions, less-lethal munitions and distraction devices
Date and Time
Monday to Friday, Nov. 27 to Dec. 1
8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Homeland Security Training Center (HTC)
Future 2024 Dates
- Monday to Friday, March 4 to 8
- Monday to Friday, April 15 to 19