The vast majority of the public (97%) own a cellphone of some kind with a majority owning smartphones. With the digital age we live in almost everyone carries a cell phone on them wherever they go, even when committing a crime. With proper training, Law Enforcement Officers can obtain historical geolocation data from mobile phone extractions, location data from Social Media companies, and Cell Site Location Information from cellular providers (Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile). Apple/Google location data and Google Geofence Search Warrants will also be discussed. This will be a hands-on class where students will work with cell phone location data using a forensic mapping tool.
This course will be a three-day in person class (24 hours).
- Intro to Cellular Network Technology
- Call Detail Records and Geolocation Analysis
- Location analysis of Wi-Fi and GPS location data from Apple and Google
- Advanced Cold Case Investigations with Google Geofence data
- Case studies of real-world investigations using High-Tech tools
Date and Time
Monday to Wednesday, Jan. 9 to 11, 2023
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Homeland Security Education Center (HEC), Room 2007