Associate English Professor Tony Bowers has been in love with words and story his entire life.
Having earned two bachelor’s degrees and a Master of Fine Arts from Columbia College-Chicago, Bowers was a middle school English Language Arts teacher and then an English Composition teacher for three years at City Colleges Chicago before coming to College of DuPage.
A published author, Bowers wrote "On The Nine," a collection of short stories based on the Greater Grand Crossing neighborhood on the south side of Chicago where he grew up.
Contact Bowers at firstname.lastname@example.org or (630) 942-2688.
Areas of Expertise
- Language Stylistics
- Constructivist Theory
- Applied Linguistics
- Creativity and the Effects on Cognition
I would make up stories before I could even read. I would look at my picture books as a kid and make up my own tales. This led me to a life as a writer. A world of letters seemed natural. Thus, English and the craft of composing was a great career choice.
- Tony Bowers, English Professor
- Masters in Teaching, June 2010 - National Louis University
- Masters in Creative Writing, June 2009 - Columbia College Chicago
- Bachelors in Marketing Communications, June 1995 - Columbia College Chicago