- What is a prerequisite?
A prerequisite is a required course or other enrollment criteria that must be satisfied prior to registration
- My registration was denied as "Course prerequisites have not been started." Now what?
- If you've taken the prerequisite course at another college, contact the Office of Student Records at (630) 942-2260 or firstname.lastname@example.org to review your options for submitting proof.
- Register for the prerequisite course.
- If you have not taken the prerequisite course, register for an alternate course.
- Previous chemistry coursework from high school may be accepted for prerequisite purposes. Have your transcript sent to the Office of Student Records for review prior to registration.
- Contact the College of DuPage Testing Center for information on placement testing.
- What if I am currently enrolled in the prerequisite course at COD?As long as all course prerequisite requirements are met, you will be allowed to register
based on your current course enrollment. At the end of the term, after grades are
posted, your record will be automatically checked to verify that you have met the
minimum grade criteria. If you have not met the criteria, you will be dropped from
- What if I am currently enrolled in the prerequisite course at another institution?
Contact the Office of Student Records for specific instructions at (630) 942-2260 or email@example.com.
- How will courses taken at another college or university be verified?
Coursework from other universities can be verified for prerequisites. Contact the Office of Student Records at (630) 942-2260 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to review your options for submitting proof.
- Will my Demonstrated Competency credit (articulated credit, CLEP, credit by proficiency
or advanced placement) be considered as meeting a prerequisite course?
Yes, those types of credit are considered.
- Will my SAT or ACT score serve as a prerequisite?
Depending on your score, you may meet reading, writing, or some math prerequisites. Send a copy of your score report to the Testing Center. If your high school posts SAT or ACT scores on transcripts, have your official high school transcript sent to the Office of Student Records.
- Will my High School GPA serve as a prerequisite?
A qualifying unweighted cumulative GPA of 2.60 on a 4.00 scale (3.25 on a 5.00 scale) may meet college-level reading and writing prerequisites. Send your high school transcript (7th or 8th semester) to the Office of Student Records). Some exclusions apply.
- How will the system treat students with special circumstances?
Students who present special circumstances (for example, extensive work experience) at the point of registration will be referred to the appropriate academic division office and subsequently referred to a faculty member where necessary.
- How does the system handle prerequisites that were taken under the quarter system?
The system can handle both quarter and semester courses.
Office of Student Records
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 2150
Monday to Thursday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Phone: (630) 942-3838
FAX: (630) 942-3693
Prerequisites: (630) 942-2260
Student Records: email@example.com
Official COD Transcripts: firstname.lastname@example.org
Transcript Evaluation: email@example.com
High School Transcripts: HStranscript@cod.edu
Individuals who need language assistance, please call Campus Central at (630) 942-3000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.