COD Cares was Up To S.N.O.W. Good in 2018!
College of DuPage staff and students worked hard to Serve the Needs of Others this Winter through various giving opportunities.
Starting in mid-November, office teams and student clubs selected local nonprofits with wish lists to fulfill. Hundreds of items were collected for 12 groups and special deliveries were made on Friday, Nov. 30.
Individuals could also take a tag from the melted snowman display in the Student Services Center Atrium. The two types of tags included one for children with specific wish lists through Humanitarian Service Project, and the other for clients of the Department of Child and Family Services to receive Jewel Gift Cards for use toward a holiday meal.
Last but not least, we wrapped up the month-long project together at the "IT'S A WRAP" Party on Thursday, Dec. 6 with a Chili bar and seasonal activities.
Here are the results of the inaugural Up To S.N.O.W. Good campaign:
- Donated and wrapped more than 350 gifts for 50 children served by Humanitarian Service Project who otherwise may not have gifts to open this holiday season
- Donated more than $1000 in Jewel gift cards for local families to use toward a holiday meal through the Department of Child and Family Services
- With the guidance of Culinary faculty, decorated more than 150 snowflake cookies for seniors through DuPage Care Center
- Created 80 snow globe ornaments for clients of Meals on Wheels
- Wrote nearly 200 holiday notes to local seniors and veterans
- Built and decorated more than 100 edible snowpeople for children served by Humanitarian Service Project
Thank you to everyone who participated in this campus-wide project! It was a great success and the COD Cares team looks forward to planning 2019's campaign already. Happy holidays!
Community Relations Coordinator