Save the Dates!
COD Cares is already planning for the holidays! Building on the success from last year, there will be three opportunities to give this season. Mark your calendar to take part in one or all of them.
COD President Brian Caputo will be Up to S.N.O.W. Good with us! Join him to kick off the giving season at the Opening Ceremony, Tuesday, Nov. 5. Details about each of the events are listed below and signup forms will be opened soon.
Up to S.N.O.W. Good participants warmed up the season with their giving spirit in 2018!
Here are the results of the inaugural Up To S.N.O.W. Good campaign:
- Donated and wrapped more than 350 gifts for 50 children served by Humanitarian Service Project who otherwise may not have gifts to open this holiday season
- Donated more than $1000 in Jewel gift cards for local families to use toward a holiday meal through the Department of Child and Family Services
- With the guidance of Culinary faculty, decorated more than 150 snowflake cookies for seniors through DuPage Care Center
- Created 80 snow globe ornaments for clients of Meals on Wheels
- Wrote nearly 200 holiday notes to local seniors and veterans
- Built and decorated more than 100 edible snowpeople for children served by Humanitarian Service Project
COD President Brian Caputo and Specialized Testing's Jarret Dyer will be Up to S.N.O.W. Good with us! Join them to kick off the 2019 giving season.
Tuesday, Nov. 5
2:30 to 3:30 p.m.
Student Services Center Atrium
- Take snapshots in the Snow Globe Photo Booth
- Participate in the *Frosty Buckets Relay Challenge and win a $25 Starbucks gift card
- Enjoy seasonal sweets
*Unique opportunity for adults to throw things from the third floor balcony! Each player on the team of three that gets the most "snowballs" into the Frosty Buckets wins a $25 Starbucks gift card. Start forming your team now!
Fulfill a nonprofit agency's wish list with fellow students or office friends.
- Groups select first and second choices when list becomes available and group leaders complete online form by Thursday, Oct. 31.
- COD Cares will call group leaders to confirm final agency selection within two business days of receipt.
- Collect items and deliver to agency on Tuesday, Nov. 26.
2019 Community Service Agency Partners list coming soon!
Beginning at the Opening Ceremony on Tuesday, Nov. 5, take a tag from the melting snowman display in the Student Services Center Atrium while they last.
- Purchase a minimum of $25 worth of suggested gifts to make a child's holiday brighter. Bring unwrapped gifts and the tag to the "It's a Wrap" Party Friday, Dec. 6 or drop them off in the Marketing and Communications office in the Institutional Resource Center by Wednesday, Dec. 4. These gifts will be distributed by Humanitarian Service Project.
- Purchase a minimum $10 Jewel, Target, or Walmart gift card for a local family to use toward a holiday meal or children's gifts. These gift cards will be distributed by Department of Children and Family Services and Bridge Communities.
"It's a Wrap" Party
Friday, Dec. 6
11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Student Resource Center, Room 2000
RSVP here by Friday, Nov. 22.
Wrap gifts and create whimsical winter crafts for donation. Then warm up at the Chili Bar! Traditional and vegetarian options will be available.
Those who were unable to participate in Giving Opportunities #1 or #2 can still be Up To S.N.O.W. Good with the activities provided at the "It's a Wrap" Party.
- Make A Special Delivery: Load up the cargo van and deliver presents on Tuesday, Nov. 26. (Email CODCares@cod.edu if interested)
- Help host the Opening Ceremony on Tuesday, Nov. 5 or "It's a Wrap" Party on Friday, Dec. 6: Volunteer to facilitate activities (Indicate on RSVP form if interested)
- Thursday, Oct 31: Agency Selection Due and RSVP for Frosty Bucket Relay at Opening Ceremony
- Tuesday, Nov. 5: Opening Ceremony
- Friday, Nov. 22: RSVP for "It's a Wrap!" Party
- Tuesday, Nov. 26: Special Delivery Day
- Wednesday, Dec. 4: Tagged gifts due to Marketing and Communications in the Institutional Resource Center if not attending "It's a Wrap!" Party
- Friday, Dec. 6: "It's a Wrap!" Party
Community Relations Coordinator