center for access and accommodations faq image

Frequently Asked Questions

Where is the Center for Access and Accommodations office?

Student Services Center (SSC), Room 3249 (go to Maps for location and building floor plans)

Can a student receive accommodations at COD?

Yes. Students with disabilities who would like to request accommodations should submit a request.

Does COD offer special tutoring if I have a learning disability?

Tutoring and other academic support services are available to all students of the college through the Learning Commons.

Are accommodations available for the Placement Tests?

The Placement Tests are NOT timed, so students who only need extended time are already accommodated. If you have other questions or concerns about disability based needs as they related to the placements tests, please call (630) 942-2154 for more information.

How do I apply for a medical appeal?

Requests for medical appeals are made through the Office of Student Registration Services. Requests should be made in writing and accompanied by documentation from a physician or medical institution to verify the medical condition, date of onset and estimated length of treatment. Go to the Registration forms page.

Does the college offer accessible parking permits?

The Center for Access and Accommodations will provide temporary parking permits that can be used to park on campus for a maximum of two weeks. Those needing barrier-free parking for longer use should apply for a placard through the Office of the Secretary of State.


Contact Information

Center for Access and Accommodations
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 3249

Monday to Thursday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Phone: (630) 942-2154
Fax: (630) 942-2071
(go to Maps for location and building floor plans)