The Career Ready Scholar Program was created to support College of DuPage students with career development and career preparation. This year-long program will provide students with the opportunity to develop the knowledge they need to be successful in the workforce. This program will not only match participants with an employer for a half-day or full-day job shadow experience that will be conducted during Spring Break 2022, but students will also be able to purchase interview apparel in preparation for that experience (interview apparel will be reimbursed up to $200).
Career Ready Scholars will be required to complete a series of career preparation activities with the guidance and support of the Career Services Center. Throughout this year-long program students will be required to work independently and with their peers to complete assignments such as a peer resume review. Participants will be matched with peer participants.
Students must attend the Career Ready Scholar Program information sessions to be eligible to apply. This session will provide students with the information they need to evaluate their commitment to the program.
After this program, students will be able to:
- Define and apply all eight NACE (National Association for Colleges and Employers), competencies.
- Create a strong resume and cover letter.
- Understand the importance of LinkedIn and creating their professional brand.
- Successfully conduct an informational interview through the Job Shadow Experience.
- And more.
Information sessions are required to be considered:
- Tuesday, Aug. 24, 1 to 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug 25, 10 to 11 a.m. and 2 to 3 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 26, Noon to 1 p.m. and 4 to 5 p.m.
Interested participants must attend one session live.
- Business Management
- Computer Information Technology and Science
- Non-profit Management (Human Services)
To learn more about the specific deadlines and expectations for the Career Ready Scholar, visit the Student page.
This program is funded by the Resource for Excellence grant through the College of DuPage Foundation.
Monday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday, closed for summer