Information for Faculty
College of DuPage faculty members play a key role in the learning partnership created by academic and internships. Qualified student-interns, who enroll for academic credit, work and learn under the direction of faculty internship advisors and site supervisors. This positive partnership leads to career and workforce development and academic learning.
- Academic Internship Requirement
- Internship Checklist
- Academic Credit Forms
- Internship Criteria
- Internship Registration Deadlines
- Ideas for Learning Goals
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Disney College Program
Job Search Assistance
Career Services offers a variety of job search resources to help students and community members with resume and cover letter writing. Students can also explore employment options using Career Coach and find potential job opportunities on our online job board, Chaps Get Hired.
The Career Services staff is dedicated to coaching students through the career development and job search process and often do this through classroom presentations.
To schedule a class visit, Classroom Presentations and complete the form.
- Classroom presentation requests must be made three weeks in advance, classroom presentations request are based on availability and not guaranteed.
- During the month of March, the Career Services Center will only be accepting classroom requests for the topic of "Career and Internship Fair Prep".
- All new classroom assignment requests for Spring 2020 must be made by January 6, 2020.
- Returning classroom assignments must be made by January 6, 2020.
All presentations are thirty minutes unless there is an assignment involved which would be an hour in length.
Career Services staff can accommodate the presentation topics and timing required for each individual class. Please visit the Career Services Presentation Topics for a list of presentation ideas. Career Services also conducts regularly scheduled workshops through the Chaparral Career Advantage.
Fall 2020 Faculty Demos
For ADA accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line *event title* and your accommodation request. Please email 2 weeks in advance."
VMock Smart Resume Platform
Interested in helping your students with their resumes but feel there's just not enough
time to provide detailed feedback? Career Services is excited to offer VMock SMART
Resume to you and your students! Within seconds of uploading a resume, students will
receive a score benchmarked against their peers based on data-science and AI technology.
Students can click through detailed feedback to identify ways to not only improve
their score but power-up their resume to meet recruiters' needs.
Join us for a quick overview of the tool, chat us your questions, and learn how we can support your class using this tool.
- August 25, 2020 at 10 a.m. - Register here
- September 29, 2020 at 10 a.m. - Register here
- November 10, at 2 p.m. - Register here
- December 8, 2020 at noon - Register here
We all know interviews are crucial to sealing the deal when getting that job or internship offer but are often the most challenging for students. InterviewStream is a mock interview platform that offers students the chance to practice their interview skills anytime anywhere. Students can choose from hundreds of pre-set practice interviews or create a custom interview. They can record their answers and watch them back to gain insight and reflect. They can also send them to others for feedback and review. Attend a demo to learn more and how Career Services can help with incorporating this tool into your class.
- September 8, 2020 at 10 a.m.- Register here
- October 27, at noon.- Register here
- December 1, 2020 at 2 p.m.- Register here
Student Services Center (SSC) Room 3258
Fax: (630) 942-4596
Monday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.