The Job Shadow Program is an exciting new opportunity for our students to extend their learning beyond the classroom and explore the workforce.
But the JSP is not possible without our community partners. If you're interested in hosting shadows at your company, read on to discover the benefits and rewards of this new program.
Benefits of Participating
Hosting job shadows allows you to:
● Build your company's brand and COD campus presence
● Network with talented, engaged students
● Scout potential future interns or employees
● Show off your company's office and work culture
● Connect with a central community resource like the College of DuPage
● Educate and guide students who are excited to learn about the professional world and your industry
Job shadows last only one day. Typically, they run between 4 and 8 hours. Our host sites have full control in setting the job shadow agenda. All we ask is you give our students a meaningful experience.
Becoming a host
Right now, we are not soliciting host sites for our Job Shadow Program. We will run our next Job Shadow Program in the Fall of 2020. As we approach the Fall, we will start to look for host sites. Stay tuned for updates and announcements.
But if your company is interested in hosting job shadows, or you have questions about how you can participate in the program, contact us. This will help us plan for the future.
Student Services Center (SSC) Room 3258
Fax: (630) 942-4596
Monday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.