The Job Shadow Program (JSP) connects students to local employers for single-day experiential learning events (a.k.a job shadows).
Through the JSP, students get to visit Chicago or Chicago-area virtually and explore an industry, connect their classroom learning to the real world, and meet local professionals. Employers get to meet new talent, build their brands and campus presence, and mentor people who are beginning their career journeys.
Job shadowing takes only one day, but the rewards could pay dividends for years to come.
In surveys conducted by Junior Achievement USA:
- 90% of students participating in job shadow programs reported they have a better understanding of their career options.
- 76% of employees who volunteered to host a shadow said they were able to hone their leadership skills, and 63% reported an improved perception of their company.
How it works
- Check for application dates! Follow us on social media to learn more about the dates!
- Plan to apply for a Winter Break, or Spring Break Virtual Job Shadow experience!
- Apply in the appropriate deadlines!
After you apply, we will review your application and be in touch!
In the meantime, if you are interested in job shadowing—either as a student or an employer—please contact us via the information below. We'd love to talk!
Student Services Center (SSC) Room 3258
Fax: (630) 942-4596
Monday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.