If you're a student at College of DuPage and ....
- You're thinking about your career path but you don't know where to begin . . .
- You're interested in an industry but are not ready to commit to an internship . . .
- You're curious to know what you can do with your major . . .
Then you are in the right place!
Participate in the Job Shadow Program and get matched with a company in Chicago, the suburbs, or the surrounding area and learn what a day on the job really looks like.
The JSP is only open to current COD students who are in good academic standing (GPA 2.0 or higher) and have completed at least 12 credit hours.
Benefits of Participating
The Job Shadow Program gives you the chance to:
- Begin the career search early
- Explore what you can do with your major
- Learn about workplace culture and responsibilities
- Meet with local professionals
- Develop key career-readiness skills
- Earn a Certificate of Completion and put a brand new experience on your resume
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Job Shadow Program" to have it reviewed by a Career Specialist before you apply. You can also book a resume review appointment with our office by stopping by SSC 3258 or calling (630) 942-2230.
The CSC will hold extended walk-in hours to accommodate resume reviews for students interested in this program. The dates and times are below:
- Jan. 24, 2020 from 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m.
- Jan. 31, 2020 from 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m.
- Feb. 7, 2020 from 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m.
Note: You must have your resume reviewed, either in person or online, to be eligible to participate in the JSP. The last day to submit your resume for electronic review, for consideration in the Spring 2020 Job Shadow Program is January 31, 2020.
Complete the Student Application and attach your resume.
Remember: this is a competitive program, so tell us about yourself honestly and thoroughly.
Get matched to your JSP host!
For more details on the program, read our brief Student Resource Guide.
Student Matching Process
- Once student applications close (February 14 at the end of the day), if you are accepted into the program, we match you to an employer, based on your academic and career goals and interests.
- Once we make a match, we will notify both you and your host.
- It is then your job to (1) reach out to the host and schedule a job shadow date, and (2) attend a Job Shadow Orientation Session during the week of March 9 (dates and times pending).
Student Services Center (SSC) Room 3258
Fax: (630) 942-4596
Monday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.