The Job Shadow Program (JSP) connects students to local employers for single-day experiential learning events (a.k.a job shadows).
Due to COVID-19 these experiences are virtual and considered an Informational Interview.
Through a typical Job Shadow experience, students get to visit Chicago or Chicago-area virtually and explore an industry, connect their classroom learning to the real world, and meet local professionals. Employers get to meet new talent, build their brands and campus presence, and mentor people who are beginning their career journeys.
Job shadowing takes only one day, but the rewards could pay dividends for years to come.
In surveys conducted by Junior Achievement USA:
- 90% of students participating in job shadow programs reported they have a better understanding of their career options.
- 76% of employees who volunteered to host a shadow said they were able to hone their leadership skills, and 63% reported an improved perception of their company.
2021 Spring Break Edition
Attention Students: the 2021 Spring Break Edition will be March 29 through April 9, 2021
- Application opens: Monday, Feb. 22, 2021
- Application deadline: Friday, March 12, 2021
Spring Break Industries
- Human Services
- Sales (specific to healthcare and pharmaceutical)
How it works
- Check for application dates!
- Apply to the program and be prepared to share your career goals and interests in the program
- Receive your acceptance letter
- Attend orientation
- Receive your Career Professional Match
After you apply, we will review your application and be in touch!
In the meantime, if you are interested in job shadowing—either as a student or an employer—please contact us via the information below. We'd love to talk!
Monday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.