115 N. County Farm Road
Wheaton, IL 60187
Name and Position of Contact Person:
Mark Dennison, Supported Employment Director
(630) 752-0066 ext 225
Days/Hours Available for Service Learners:
We are flexible with each student and their specific needs. We usually have times available Mon-Fri from 9 am-5 pm and then evening opportunities in recreation programs Mon, 6:45-8 pm, Tues, 6:45-8:45 pm, Wed, 5:15-7:15 pm, Thurs, 6:45-8:45 pm, Fri, 6:45-8:45 pm. We have some weekend opportunities available as well if there are recreation special events or foundation events happening.
Description of Organization:
NAMI DuPage is a grass roots organization, funded primarily by individual donations
and supported by volunteers with first-hand experience as caregivers and as consumers
of mental health services.
NAMI DuPage is an affiliate of the National Alliance on Mental Illness, a nationwide mental health advocacy organization dedicated to improving the quality of lives of people affected by mental illnesses. One of the largest and most innovative of 1,200 in the country and 41 in Illinois, our affiliate provides services and programs that offer support, resources and importantly - hope for recovery - to individuals and families alike.
Description of Service Learner Role:
• Recreation programs – Volunteers assist or help lead programs that happen every
day from 10:30-11:30am and every evening. Evening times vary depending on the program
o Mon – Yoga/Personal Fitness, 7-8pm
o Tues – Art Night, 7-8:30pm
o Wed – Drop In Center, 5:30-7pm
o Thurs – Jewelry Making or NAMI Choir, 7-8:30pm
o Fri – Every 3rd Fri of the month is Game Night, 7-8:30pm
• Café – Volunteers help mentor and train clients who are learning workforce development skills in our Rise & Shine Café that is open in our building from 9am-2pm, M-F.
• Client Mentoring – Volunteers can interact with clients to help mentor them in a variety of areas depending on their individual needs. Examples include: computer skills, creating a resume, working on socialization skills, etc.
• We are flexible depending on the student's schedule but do prefer 2-3 hour shifts
each day they volunteer.
• We also prefer that each student stay consistent to the schedule that is agreed upon when they begin and volunteer for us through the whole semester or season that you start.
Number of Placements Available:
Call for availability
Student Services Center (SSC) Room 3258
Fax: (630) 942-4596
Monday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.