315 N La Grange Road, La Grange Park, IL. 60526
Name and Position of Contact Person:
Days/Hours Available for Service Learners:
8:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. on Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Saturday/Sunday (some Saturday's until 8:30 p.m.). Food Services: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Number of Placements Available:
Description of Organization:
Non-profit stand-alone continuing care retirement community with 400 residents, includes independent, assisted living, memory care and health care/rehab. Large nursing and dining services department, strong creative arts programming (art, music, drama), spirituality, fitness, and more.
Description of Service Learner Role:
There are many volunteer opportunities with Plymouth Place that will allow students to gain wonderful experiences in areas of interest, while learning about the aging process, dementia and more.
- With Art Therapist: assist in expressive arts/art-making experiences through creative expression in group and individual art sessions. We also have a ceramics program.
- With Music Therapist: assist in chorus, chimes, sing-a-longs, playing instruments, hymn sings, music and movement, Music & Memory, bells, etc. in group & 1:1's.
- With Fitness/Wellness Manager: assist in many varieties of fitness classes (aqua, boxing, balance, biking, yoga, personal training, group classes, circuit training, & more).
- With Life Enrichment: assist in leading Tech Tutoring (help seniors with computer, laptop, tablets, cell phones learning Facebook, emails, etc.). Also Intellectual programs like Mind and Brain Games, lectures; Gardening, Pet Therapy and more.
- With Dining/Food Services Department: assist in serving meals to residents in all levels of care, work with Nutrition/Dietician
doing resident assessments, diet goals and presentations with the residents.
Meet with Volunteer Coordinator Sandi Kemmerling; fill out volunteer application, get tour, all volunteers complete a background check and 2 step TB test at no cost to the volunteer along with required orientation training.
Student Services Center (SSC) Room 3258
Fax: (630) 942-4596
Monday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.