The following Chaparral Career Advantage workshops are free (unless otherwise noted) and open to all students, alumni, and community members. Student registration is available in Chap Life - visit ChapLife.cod.edu. On-site registration will be available for alumni and community members day of the workshop. Walk-ins are welcome.
Questions can be directed to Career Services at (630) 942-2230.
For Americans with Disabilities Act accommodations, call (630) 942-2141 (voice) or (630) 858-9692 (TDD).
Unsure what career to choose or what to pursue academically? Looking to make a career change but don't know where to begin? This workshop may be for you. The Self-Directed Search is a starting point for research and understanding of what career options are out there for participants to further investigate for themselves.
Pre-registration is required for this workshop. Interested participants may call (630) 942-2230 or visit Career Services in SSC 3258 to register. Registration closes 1 week prior to the listed workshop date.
The following steps must be completed at least one week prior to attending this workshop.
- Register for one of the sessions listed below.
- Stop in Career Services, SSC 3258, to pick up a permit for the SDS assessment.
- At least one week prior to the workshop, take the permit to COD Specialized Testing Center in the Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2A08 and complete the SDS assessment. The assessment should take approximately 30 minutes to complete and the cost is $10.
- Assessment results and interpretation will be distributed and discussed at your scheduled
The following dates and times are available for registration:
- Wednesday, June 19 - Noon to 1:30 p.m. - BIC 3415
- Tuesday, July 23 - 6 to 7:30 p.m. - BIC 3415
Did you know that over 90% of employers use LinkedIn? This workshop will introduce the professional networking website. Being an active LinkedIn user is crucial to success. Participants will learn more than just how to build a profile but key features such as the job board, discussion groups, and alumni searches will be highlighted.
- Tuesday, May 7, noon to 1 p.m. Register for webinar
- Wednesday, June 26 5 to 6:30 p.m. SRC 3006
- Wednesday, July 17 Noon to 1:30 p.m. SRC 3006
*Please visit the event listing at ChapLife.cod.edu for webinar instructions.
Stop in Career Services for a half-hour meeting with Krystina LaSorsa to discuss your interest in pursuing an internship! Meetings are first come, first served. Dates TBA
Stop in for a quick 10-15 minute resume review. Meetings are first come, first served. Due to the brevity of meetings, attendees must have a printed copy of their resume to participate. Career Services will not print documents. Dates TBA
Need a resume review, cover letter review, interviewing tips, or other job seeking advice? Stop in for a half-hour meeting with a Career Specialist. Meetings are first come, first served.
- Wednesday, May 8 9 to 11 a.m. SSC 3258
- Wednesday, May 15 9 to 11 a.m. SSC 3258
- Wednesday, May 22 9 to 11 a.m. SSC 3258
Q & A Table & Free Popcorn
Have a quick question for Career Services? Stop by our table and get free popcorn. Dates TBA
Student Services Center (SSC) Room 3258
Fax: (630) 942-4596
Monday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.