Students who are undecided on a course of study or who are thinking about pursuing a career change can meet with a Counselor to explore their future goals via an individual or group appointment. Career Counseling services include:
Individual one hour appointments
Students meet with a counselor to discuss career values, interest, goals. Counselors will assist students in exploring next steps in developing career/academic objectives. Fee: None
Combined Interest and Personality Inventories
Take the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and the Strong Interest Inventory to discover how your personality and interests can guide your career path. Fee: $50
To register, go to registerblast.com/cod/exam and select Career Exploration Workshops: Combined Interests and Personality Inventories.
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 3104
- Thursday, April 16, 5 to 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 6, 5 to 8 p.m.
Career Counseling Workshops:
Career Exploration and the Self-Directed Search Workshop
Learn how to use your self-directed search assessment results in your career development. Receive strategies for gathering occupational information and using COD resources to assist in your job search. Fee: $10
To register, call (630) 942-2230 or visit the Career Services Center, SSC 3258.
Berg Instructional Center (BIC)
- Wednesday, March 18, noon to 1:30 p.m., BIC 3C08
- Wednesday, April 8, 6 to 7:30 p.m., BIC 3419
- Tuesday, April 28, noon to 1:30 p.m., BIC 3C04
Career Exploration Class:
The OOH can help you find career information on duties, education and training, pay, and outlook for hundreds of occupations.
Enter ID: Illinois
Enter Password: careers
Click on Career Resources, then CIS: Career Information System
- Learn more about your career options with this interactive tool.
- Use the interest assessment to explore career options.
- Search tasks, skills and salary information for more than 900 careers.
- This site is for anyone searching for in-depth career resources. CIS offers information on occupations, programs of study and training, as well as Illinois and national schools.
- Log in as a guest by choosing your town name from a dropdown list and adding ZIP code. (You must be an Illinois resident to use segments of CIS.)
- Explore local data on wages, jobs, and necessary education and training.
- Career Coach helps to assess your interests and identify career choices.
- Veterans, explore with your Military Occupation Code (MOC) identifying positions with matching skill sets.
- Explore information on more than 1,000 occupations, including work tasks, skills, abilities and values.
- From the Bureau of Labor Statistics, job outcomes and salaries by state are accessible.
Counseling, Advising and Transfer Services
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 3200, (630) 942-2259
Counseling, Advising and Transfer Services Advising
Regular Hours for the Glen Ellyn campus
Monday to Thursday: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Check with each off-campus center for their hours
New to College of DuPage?
Stop by or call Campus Central at (630) 942-3000 or Counseling, Advising and Transfer at (630) 942-2259.