College of DuPage is committed to helping all students achieve a quality education. Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) students are able to continue their education at COD. Undocumented students have always been welcome and COD and we are able to assist you regardless of your race, color, religion or creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, arrest record, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service and citizenship status.
For more information on DACA, visit the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
Undocumented Student Scholarships
- Alpha Psi Lambda Scholarship - University of Illinois at Chicago
- Anhelo Project
- Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) Scholarship
- Dennis De La Rosa Scholarship Fund
- Golden Apple Scholarship
- National Scholarship
- Opportunity Scholarship
- University of Illinois at Chicago Lares Scholarships
DACA Financial Aid
Undocumented students including DACA students, are not eligible for for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You may be eligible for state or college financial aid in addition to private scholarships.
- Loyola University offers five scholarships for admitted transfer and freshman with Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status through the Magis Scholarship Fund. These scholarships are highly selective and finalists are required to attend an on-campus interview.
United States Citizenship
United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) can provide you with more information about the process of becoming a U.S. citizen. If your social security card is lost or stolen, you can get a replacement card through the Social Security Administration.
Resources for Educators
- Advising Undocumented Students
- College Advising Guide for Undocumented Students
- DePaul University Undocumented Student Guide
- National Association for College Admission Counseling
Center for Student Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (CSDEI)
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 2225E
David A. Swope Sr.
Manager, Student Diversity Equity and Inclusion
Office Hours: Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.