Veterans Services maintains a list of internships, career mentoring programs and job opportunities exclusively for veterans and military personnel.
- VetTech Internship - Every summer, Fermilab in Batavia, IL hires student veterans for a 10-week, full-time paid internship as a technician in their laboratory. Fermilab seeks COD student veterans in majors like engineering, CIS, CIT, automotive service technology, manufacturing, HVACR and other fields to fill these slots. If you are interested in participating, consider applying on Fermilab's website.
Professional Career Mentoring
American Corporate Partners (ACP) is a free, non-profit program that assists America's veterans with job and career preparation. ACP Mentors are ready to help you build your résumé, prepare for interviews, discuss career options and succeed in your job search.
- A one-to-one year-long mentorship with a corporate professional in the career field of your interest. ACP mentors come from more than sixty companies including 21st Century Fox, Bloomberg, Deloitte, GE Intel, Johnson & Johnson, Lockhead Martin, Raytheon, PwC, USAA and many others.
- Note that you were referred by College of DuPage on your application. If you have questions, email email@example.com or call (212) 752-0700.
Job Opportunities for Veterans
Veterans are sought for the following employment opportunities.
- The College of DuPage Veterans Services office actively seeks student veterans to fill roles as receptionists and mentors to assist other student veterans pursuing their education. View student job opportunities.
- Special Opportunities
- Operation Support Our Troops - America, OSOT based in Lisle is always in need of care items and volunteers to pack care packages for U.S. troops overseas.
- YMCA Urban Warriors, A Veteran to youth mentoring opportunity. The YMCA of Metro Chicago's Youth Safety and Violence Prevention initiative pairs combat experienced Veterans with youth exposed to violence in some of Chicago's most dangerous neighborhoods.
- Honor Rewards - Offered by the DuPage County Recorder's Office, Honor Rewards is an ID card that helps Veterans receive discounts, promotions and other incentives from participating local businesses. Veterans can sign up for the Honor Rewards ID Card at the Recorders Office or online.
- Tiny Boots Childcare Program - A program designed to connect Illinois Veterans with quality childcare while the Veteran attends scheduled medical/counseling appointments and job interviews. For information, review the 3 easy steps on our website.
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 2225
Fax: (630) 942-4991