- VetTech Internship - Every summer, Fermilab in Batavia, IL hires student veterans for a 10-week, full-time paid internship as a technician in their laboratory. Fermilab seeks COD student veterans in majors like engineering, CIS, CIT, automotive service technology, manufacturing, HVACR and other fields to fill these slots. If you are interested in participating, consider applying on Fermilab's website.
Professional Career Mentoring
- American Corporate Partners (ACP)
- A one-to-one year-long mentorship with a corporate professional in the career field of your interest. ACP mentors come from more than sixty companies including 21st Century Fox, Bloomberg, Deloitte, GE Intel, Johnson & Johnson, Lockhead Martin, Raytheon, PwC, USAA and many others.
- Visit American Corporate Partners online to apply and note that you were referred by College of DuPage on your application. If you have questions, please email email@example.com or call (212) 752-0700.
Job Opportunities for Veterans
Veterans are sought for the following employment opportunities.
- The College of DuPage Veterans Services office actively seeks student veterans to fill roles as receptionists and mentors to assist other student veterans pursuing their education. If you are interested in being considered, please complete the application here.
- Special Opportunities
- Operation Support Our Troops - America, OSOT based in Lisle is always in need of care items and volunteers to pack care packages for U.S. troops overseas.
- YMCA Urban Warriors, A Veteran to youth mentoring opportunity. The YMCA of Metro Chicago's Youth Safety and Violence Prevention initiative pairs combat experienced Veterans with youth exposed to violence in some of Chicago's most dangerous neighborhoods.
- Honor Rewards - Offered by the DuPage County Recorder's Office, Honor Rewards is an ID card that helps Veterans receive discounts, promotions and other incentives from participating local businesses. Veterans can sign up for the Honor Rewards ID Card at the Recorders Office or on-line.
- Tiny Boots Childcare Program - A program designed to connect Illinois Veterans with quality childcare while the Veteran attends scheduled medical/counseling appointments and job interviews. For information, please review the 3 easy steps on our website.
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 2225, (630) 942-3814
Fax: (630) 942-4991
Our office is currently working remotely. If you any questions or need assistance, please send us an email message at firstname.lastname@example.org.