College of DuPage offers an Associate Degree in Sonography and certificate programs in Diagnostic Medical Imaging Sonography (DMIS) and Diagnostic Medical Imaging Vascular Sonography (DMIV).
- Sonography (Ultrasound) (DMIS) Associate Degree Admissions Packet
- Sonography (Ultrasound) (DMIS) Advanced Certificate Admissions Packet
The Diagnostic Medical Imaging Sonography Program at College of DuPage is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon recommendation of the Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRC-DMS).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
25400 US Highway N, Suite 158
Clearwater, FL 33763
Outcome Data for Class of 2014
Wondering how you'll fare after graduation from COD's sonography program? Here's data from the Class of 2014.
- Attrition: 0%
- Job Placement: 94%
- Credential Success Rate: 93-100% for the following specialty examinations: Abdomen/Superficial Structures, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Vascular Technology and SPI Physics
Gainful Employment Information
View information about this program, including estimated cost and employment opportunities.
If you are interested in learning more about this program, please
- Attend an advising session
- Visit a Health Career Program Advisor by calling (630) 942-2259 to make an appointment.
- For information or general inquiries, please send an email to email@example.com. (Please use above phone number only to schedule an appointment. Do not send an appointment request to this email).
- Attend an advising session
Feedback/compliments/concerns regarding this Health Science Program. For general inquiries, please use contact information listed above.
Diagnostic Medical Imaging and Radiography Programs at COD
COD trains students to meet the demands for skilled medical imaging technicians with a comprehensive Diagnostic Medical Imaging and Radiography curriculum. DMIR at College of DuPage includes Radiography, Sonography, Nuclear Medicine and Radiation Therapy.
Pathophysiology Panorama Video
More than 70 students from the COD Diagnostic Medical Imaging programs in Radiography, Nuclear Medicine and Sonography will display posters and other media featuring a variety of diseases and pathologies that have been detected using various imaging modalities.
"Since every student learns differently, it’s a pleasant challenge to determine 'how' each student needs to be instructed to be successful. During that quest, I enjoy developing new ways to facilitate understanding of various concepts, one of which is to make organs out of clay and then slice them to demonstrate the scan planes, and orientation of what is displayed on the machine's monitor."Read Spotlight
"COD helped by being located close to home, so I was able to continue working and attend school," Ashley Hufstedler said. "Personally, it was affordable and I didn't have to take out student loans. It helped me grow into a professional health care worker while being in a realistic environment."Read Spotlight
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2016 College of DuPage