Associate Degree Nursing (ADN)
As a reminder, there is information for all Nursing Department Program inquiries and students on the Nursing Department home page.
The Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) program is one of three entry-level pathways to nursing. The ADN program at College of DuPage (COD) is a sequential, two-year program that begins every fall semester and prepares students both academically and clinically for a career in the care of acutely and chronically ill people. ADN graduates work in a variety of health care settings, including hospitals, nursing homes, ambulatory care, physician's offices and home health care.
The ADN program at College of DuPage has been approved by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation/Board of Nursing and the Illinois Community College Board (ICCB) and received reaccreditation in 2008 by The Higher Learning Commission – North Central Association.
Program Accreditation Status:
The A.D.N. program is currently accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 500, Atlanta, GA, 30326. Phone: (404) 975-5000 Fax: (404) 975-5020.
- Admission Requirements
- Advising PowerPoint
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Alternate Testing policy for Anatomy and Physiology over 5 years old
- Attend a Program Advising Session
- Associate Degree Nursing Program Application
- Associate Degree Nursing Program Plan of Study
- Calculating Your Rank Score
- Estimated Program Costs 2014-2015
- Nursing Entrance Exam Resources
- Administration of IV Push Medication 2014
- Administration of Medication via G Tube 2014
- Administration of Oral Medication 2014
- Administration of Intravenous Piggyback Medication 2014
- Head-to-Toe Assessment 2010
- Nasogastric Tube Insertion 2014
- Nasogastric Tube Removal 2014
- NP and OP Suctioning Update 2014
- Administration of Parenteral Medications 2014
- Replacement of Intravenous Tubing and Intravenous Solution 2014
- Tracheostomy Care 2014
- Tracheostomy Suctioning 2014
- Urinary Catheterization 2014
- Central Line Dressing Change 2014
- Initiation of Peripheral Intravenous Catheter 2014
Completing the program
- NCLEX-RN and Licensure Application Process Guidelines
- NCLEX Examinations Go Green
- NCLEX-RN Information Power Point
Using Data: Program Improvement and Learning Enhancement
ADN Program National League for Nursing Accreditation Commission Self Study
- Self Study Document
- Appendices to Self Study
- NLNAC Site Visitor's Final Report
- Change Report Submitted to the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, Inc.
If you are interested in learning more about this program, please
- Attend an advising session
- Visit a Health Career Program Advisor by calling (630) 942-2259 to make an appointment.
- For information or general inquiries, please send an email to email@example.com. (Please use above phone number only to schedule an appointment. Do not send an appointment request to this email).
- Attend an advising session
Feedback/compliments/concerns regarding this Health Science Program. For general inquiries, please use contact information listed above.
SpotlightMain Spotlight Page
2014 College of DuPage