Training is the key to successful emergency responses to critical incidents or dangerous situations. The Homeland Security Training Institute Tactical Training Membership offers a one-of-a-kind training membership for law enforcement. The HSTI Membership fulfills your training needs in state-of-the-art facilities designed to prepare and train officers to respond to any emergency successfully.
- 4 x 8 Hour Range sessions (ammunition separate)
- 2 x 8 Hour VirTra Simulator time
- 2 x 8 Hour TI Training Simulator time (portable simulator can be used at your location)
- 2 x 8 Hour MILO Simulator time
- 1 Full 8 Hour Day on Street Scene (may use MILES System if desired)
- 1 Full 8 Hour Day in the Mat Room
- 1 Full 8-Hour Day in the Simunitions two-story
NEW -HSTI Membership Classes
Our new membership will include (10) tactical firearms courses. Federal, State, and local agencies will have an opportunity select classes for their officers to attend each month. These classes have been developed to provide agencies additional training as part of their membership.
Registrations will be open only to Members.
- Tactical Pistol Shooting - This course will cover basic recoil management techniques for faster and more accurate follow-up shots.Officers will be presented with multiples shoot and target engagements. Drills will incorporate shoot-move-communicate and shooting on the move. Introduce officers to hostage rescue shooting techniques. Enhancing basic fundamental reload techniques, immediate action drills, low light shooting and moving targets.
- Tactical Rifle/Carbine Shooting - This course will cover basic to advanced marksmanship fundamentals using both iron sights as well as optics, along with weapon manipulation techniques needed in combat rifle/carbine shooting. Zero considerations for different operational distances including external ballistics familiarization. The importance of positional shooting, rifle reloading techniques, and immediate action drills will be reviewed.
- Tactical Rifle/Pistol Combo - This course will enhance the ability to fluidly transition from rifle-to-pistol/pistol-to-rifle during contingency situations (reloads, weapon malfunctions, situational changes, etc.), thus developing necessary skills in preparing law enforcement officers to more effectively survive armed violent encounters and preserve life.
- Room Entry Techniques (RET) – In this class law enforcement officers will be able to demonstrate acceptable knowledge and proficiency in tactical room entry procedures (or CQB) in the critical effort to minimize personal risk while executing enforcement actions (search/arrest warrants) in accordance with proper use of force protocols.
- Active Shooter Rapid Response – This class will train law enforcement officers to utilize room entry techniques (RET), marksmanship skills and proper weapon manipulation to minimize personal risk and preserve life during active shooter rapid response situations.
- Tactical Pistol Shooting Pursuant to Plainclothes Vehicle Operations – This course will prepare law enforcement officers to more effectively survive violent encounters pursuant to plainclothes vehicle operations; including, but not limited to undercover, surveillance and executive protection.
- Tactical Pistol Shooting Pursuant to Patrol Officer Vehicle Operations – This course will enhance the ability of law enforcement personnel to survive violent encounters during vehicle patrol operations; including, but not limited to traffic stop contingencies and felony car stops.
- Tactical Casualty Combat Care (TCCC) – This class will provide law enforcement officers with evidence-based, life-saving techniques and strategies for providing the best trauma care during high risk tactical operations in the field.
- Use of Force Decision-Making Simulator Training - This class will teach law enforcement officers to effectively recognize and identify the capability and intent of an individual to better de-escalate situations, limit the escalation of force and prevent injuries to officers and civilians. The goal is to minimize criminal and civil liability due to excessive force claims and assist officers in articulating their reasonable response to an incident. (Vir-Tra 300 Simulator, TI Simulator, MILO Simulator)
- Map Reading and Land Navigation - Map reading and land navigation are essential skills for anyone to effectively function in a rural environment; therefore, the ability to read, understand and use a topographical map, in conjunction with a compass and protractor are paramount in order to prevent from becoming lost in the woods. This course is for law enforcement officers who conduct rural operations; including, but not limited to marijuana interdiction, methamphetamine laboratories and personnel recoveries
For additional information and pricing contact John Mondelli - HSTI Program Manager at (630) 942-3721 or email firstname.lastname@example.org