Computer Information Systems
Welcome to the Computer Information Systems Program at College of DuPage.
Get the technical skills to enhance your career at College of DuPage. Health care facilities, computer consulting services, accounting systems design, manufacturing and government agencies are a few examples of fields that provide jobs for technical and business computer experts. Retail, banking, insurance, real estate and other industries also offer many opportunities.
Job growth in computer-related careers is expected to continue into the next decade. Career opportunities provide great diversification and include help desk technicians, web developers, programmers, database developers, systems analysts and software developers.
Whether you are entering a computer-related field or brushing up on computer skills, the Computer Information Systems (CIS) program offers degrees, certificates and courses that can meet all of your needs:
- Two-year Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degrees for Software Development, Application and Technical Support Specialist, Game Design, Game Programming, and Game Animation and Design
- Certificates in Business Productivity Software, Desktop Database Proficiency, Spreadsheet Proficiency, C++ Language Proficiency, Java Language Proficiency, Visual BASIC Language Proficiency, Linux Proficiency, UNIX Proficiency, Web Technician and Web Programmer
- A two-year Associate in Science (A.S.) degree or Associate in Arts (A.A.) that allows you to transfer to a baccalaureate-granting institution. If you are interested in transferring to a four-year school, start with exploring the transfer requirements of some of the schools that offer Computer Science Bachelor Degrees.
- 3+1 Degree, College of DuPage and Lewis University 3+1 Bachelor of Science Degree Program in
Gainful Employment Information
View information about this program, including estimated cost and employment opportunities.
- Game Design and Development
- Game Programming and Development
- iPhone/iPad Developer Proficiency
- Linux Proficiency
- Spreadsheet Proficiency
Dr. Sam Shamsuddin, Program Co-coordinator
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 1530B, (630) 942-2940
Stephen Santello, Program Co-coordinator
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 1530C, (630) 942-2654
Kim Groesbeck, Program Support Specialist
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 1433, (630) 942-2599
Nazia Naqvi, Program Advisor
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 1530A, (630) 942-2081
Business and Technology Division
Technical Education Center (TEC), Room 1034, (630) 942-2592
Erna GevondyanComputer Information Systems
"COD’s been helpful in every way, starting with little things, like letting me print my paper for free because I had forgotten my wallet and the paper was due in 10 minutes, all the way to huge things like giving me amazing friends, hiring me as a student worker, and opening up new professional and academic connections."Read Spotlight
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2018 College of DuPage