Steps to Getting Started at College of DuPage
Welcome new Chaparrals. Now that you have been admitted to College of DuPage, please follow these six simple steps to complete the enrollment process:
- Setup your myACCESS account and check your @dupage email address.
- Meet course prerequisites by taking placement exams or by submitting your ACT/SAT scores or transcripts.
- Sign up for a New Student Advising and Registration (NSAR) Session at Counseling, Advising and Transfer Services at (630) 942-2259 (required for all students new to College of DuPage who wish to speak or meet with a Counselor or Program Advisor.)
- Meet your Navigator through the Center for Student Success.
- Review payment options and register for classes.
- Sign up for New Student Orientation (NSO) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to recommendations by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and extended guidelines on social distancing from the U.S. President and Illinois Governor, the myACCESS Lab will be unavailable until all restrictions have been lifted on the Glen Ellyn campus. Please contact Campus Central at email@example.com for immediate virtual myACCESS assistance.
The myACCESS Lab is available to assist students with myACCESS login, building a schedule in student planning, registering for classes, basic FAFSA completion, payment plan sign up and more.
Tips for Getting Enrolled
- Prior to attending NSAR, we recommend that you explore financial resources and payment options available to students. When registering for classes, you must select a payment option or setup a payment plan.
- You must have your placement exams complete prior to meeting with a counselor or advisor.
- All new students will be assigned a Navigator to assist with various enrollment tools and resources.
Enrollment Tools and Resources
- Center for Access and Accommodations
- How to Select Classes in Student Planning Video
- How to Change Your Academic Program
- Online Registration Information including myACCESS Assistance
- Payment Options and Schedule
- Student Financial Assistance
Having Technical Issues?
Contact the Information Technology Student Help Desk with issues regarding email, Blackboard or myACCESS.
- Student Help Desk Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (630) 942-2999