College of DuPage has partnered with Amazon to help their employees pursue a degree or certificate through Amazon Career Choice, a pre-paid tuition program.
About the Career Choice Program
Career Choice is an education benefit that empowers employees to learn new skills for career success at Amazon or elsewhere. Amazon provides a variety of education and upskilling opportunities including full college tuition, industry certifications designed to lead to in-demand jobs and foundational skills such as English language proficiency, high school diplomas and GEDs.
Amazon employees qualify for Amazon Career Choice benefits (tuition, books and fees) after completing employment with Amazon for more than 90 days. The amounts vary based on the employee's part-time or full-time employment status.
New Career Choice Program Benefits
In Spring 2022, the Career Choice Program has expanded in the following ways:
- Expanded offerings beyond current career pathways programs that now include bachelor’s degrees, high school completion/GEDs and English as a Second Language (ESL) proficiency certifications.
- Tuition, books and fees are paid fully by Amazon.
- Limitless learning, with no limit to the number of years employees can utilize the benefit.
- Fast starts, with employees eligible to participate in Career Choice after 90 days of employment.
- Aligned program offerings to internal roles and career pathways, offering opportunities for employees to pursue their career within Amazon or elsewhere.
Steps to Get Started
- Complete the online admissions application and apply to College of DuPage.
- Visit Amazon Career Choice online and select College of DuPage as your school.
- Once you select and register for classes, apply online through Amazon Career Choice for your tuition voucher.
Areas of Study
With Amazon's expanded offerings, employees can take advantage of a variety of degree, certificate, high school completion or English language proficiency classes.
College of DuPage offers transfer degrees and career and technical education programs in a range of fields and disciplines. Whether you're looking to establish a foundation in the humanities or enter the field of hospitality management, COD offers up-to-date, personalized coursework in a program area that is of interest to you.