Begin your academic journey at College of DuPage and transfer to a four-year college or university of your choice. Through innovative transfer agreements with four-year colleges and universities and the Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI), which enables credits to be transferred to more than 100 colleges and universities in the state of Illinois, our students and graduates can transfer seamlessly to earn a bachelor’s degree.
College of DuPage offers two common pathways for students to consider when they are ready to transfer:
3+1 Programs are a convenient and economical way to earn your Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in selected academic programs. College of DuPage has partnered with prominent universities to offer high-caliber degree programs at a greatly reduced cost:
- Take three years of classes at College of DuPage. Many of these classes are offered on College of DuPage's main campus and are taught by faculty from partner universities. Faculty from partner universities are educational leaders in their fields.
- Receive a reduction on the tuition rate for advanced classes.
2+2 Transfer Programs
College of DuPage offers two types of 2+2 Transfer Programs:
- A traditional 2+2 agreement allows a student to complete two years (approximately 64 credit hours) at College of DuPage and another two years at a college/university to complete a bachelor's degree.
- An enhanced 2+2 agreement allows a student to complete up to 90 semester credits of coursework, mostly general education courses and then transfer to complete the remaining credits toward a bachelor's degree at a four-year college/university.
Transfer guides suggest specific College of DuPage course subjects that meet pre-requisites for specific majors. Transfer guides also provide contact information, basic information about the major, admission and degree requirements, general education requirements and transfer policies.
Top 5 Things Students Should Do Before Transferring
Following five essential tips can make finding and transitioning into the next step of your education easier.
Contact InformationCounseling, Advising and Transfer Services
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 3200
Phone: (630) 942-2259
Email: Ask a counselor or program advisor a quick question.
- Main Campus Summer Hours: Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. (closed on Fridays)
- COD Centers Hours