Deciding on college or university to finish your studies is an important decision. To assist you in this process we have collected the following resources. These links are not a part of College of DuPage and are provided as a service and no endorsement is expressed or implied.
College of DuPage Resources
- Transfer Student Toolkit: Provides a wealth of internal and external resources to assist you in planning your transfer.
- Steps to Transfer: This helpful guide will help you identify some steps to help ease the transfer process
- Career Coach: Discover majors and in-demand careers and education based on your interests! Take the free Career Assessment to discover where your interests lie in connection to transfer majors and programs.
- Connect with representatives: Various colleges and universities routinely visit our campus.
- Check out popular transfer schools: This listing will help you identify some transfer options with some of our popular transfer schools.
Illinois Colleges and Universities Transfer Resources
- Transferology: This online tool will help you identify colleges and universities that will accept your transfer courses. Be sure to check out the videos posted on the website to learn more about utilizing this tool. COD offers a unique opportunity to quickly import your courses.
- Transfer Ready: Website provides a variety of resources for students transferring from an Illinois community college to an Illinois 4-year college or university.
- 12 Reasons to stay in Illinois: Comprehensives listing of majors and minors available at the 12 public Illinois universities and admissions guide.
- Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI): Statewide transfer agreement, which is transferable among more than 100 participating colleges and universities in Illinois. IAI works best for students who know they are going to transfer but are undecided on the college or university that will grant their baccalaureate degree.
Inside and Outside of Illinois Transfer Resources
- College Scorecard: Powered by the US Department of Education. This site allows students to sort and filter search results and compare schools based on major, location, typical tuition costs, average student loan amount, and graduation rates.
- College Board BigFuture©: Know what you're interested in? Compare colleges or search for schools based on a number of factors such as major, location and cost. Utilize your existing College Board account or create a new account to explore BigFuture© features.
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU): List of HBCU’s organized by state.
- Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU): HACU represents more than 470 colleges and universities committed to Hispanic higher education success
- Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society (PTK): Phi Theta Kappa is the only honor society with the distinction of being named the official honor society for two-year colleges by the American Association of Community Colleges. PTK makes it easy to research and apply for valuable scholarships. Learn more about to to join College of DuPage's Phi Beta chapter.
- U.S. News College Ranking: U.S. News' annual college ranking. Find out how schools rank based on many different criteria such as "best schools in the Midwest," the "best schools for business," "schools with the largest number of transfer students."
"COD provided me with a path to a highly selective university like Duke because of the Honors Scholar program and the extraordinary professors who poured out their knowledge into their students." - Rob JannuschRob's COD Story
"You don’t triumph unless you fully engage your experience. And you excel for your kids. One of my proudest moments is that my boys got to see me graduate from college." - Megan DeAngelisMegan's COD Story
"Remember that everyone’s path is unique, and it’s OK to set your own pace. Stay committed and stay adaptable to grow academically and personally.” - Daniel SalemDaniel's COD Story
"I don’t want to go through life on autopilot. I want to live. If you know what your passion is about, you can make your day a good one." - Leticia LozanoLeticia's COD Story
"At COD, I paced myself appropriately, and I valued the quality of education over the speed at which I complete my coursework." - Frank GiulianiFrank's COD Story