Adventure awaits as you explore beautiful Costa Rica in a total immersion experience including intensive language classes at the Costa Rican Language Academy (CRLA), family home stays, and excursions to such places as Manuel Antonio National Park, Arenal Volcano and La Paz Waterfall Gardens. Costa Rica is a peaceful and democratic country. Its capital, San Jose, enjoys year-round temperatures in the 70s and is the cultural center of the country with its breathtaking National Theatre, museums, galleries and shops.
2024 Study Abroad Program Information
- Program Dates: May 24 to June 24, 2023 (2024 dates, TBD)
- Fee: Approximately $3,500 (includes round-trip airfare from Chicago, hotel accommodations on excursions, homestay with breakfast and dinner, airport transfers in Costa Rica, cultural outings). Tuition (6 or 7 credits) is extra for COD students.*
- *Note: Non-COD ICISP students will be charged an additional administrative/instructional fee. ICISP/COD Sponsored Billing Agreement is required. Home institution tuition policies may apply.
- Scholarship: The Dr. Jaco Scholarship for Spanish Heritage Language Learners is awarded exclusively for the Costa Rica and Spain Summer Language Immersion programs. Reference is given to applicants who are enrolled in or have completed a COD heritage speaker course, and have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater. Up to $1,000 will be awarded. Scholarship application is open January 1 until February 20.
- For more information, contact email@example.com.
Passport Information: If you do not have a passport, or your passport expires within six months of the program dates, you MUST apply for a passport or renew your passport immediately. Passports can take up to four months to obtain. Do not wait until you are accepted into the program.