Experience French culture and "joie de vivre" in Bordeaux, France, a UNESCO World Heritage site and the capital of the historic region of Aquitaine. The wine capital of the world, it was the home of Eleanor of Aquitaine (mother of Good King Richard of Robin Hood fame) and was the center of conflict between the English and the French during the 13th, 14th, and 15th centuries. Historic architecture blends with the modern city, boasting one of the most attractive river fronts in all of Europe. The program includes home stay with breakfast and dinner, a three-day/three night-night visit to Paris with museum passes, and excursions in the Bordeaux area including museums, visits to chateaux, and the medieval village of St. Emilion. Optional excursions are available to the Dune de Pyla, Arcachon Beach, and Medoc and Lacanau.
2023 Study Abroad Program Information
- Program Dates: May 30 to July 1
- Fee: $5,249 includes round-trip airfare from Chicago, home stay with breakfast and dinner, airport transfers in France, and cultural outings. Tuition (6 or 7 credits) is extra.
- A Bordeaux Study Abroad Scholarship is awarded to one or more students participating in this program.
- For more information, contact Anna Serrano or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On off-years, a France program is available through ICISP France.
*Note: Non-COD ICISP students will be charged an additional administrative/instructional fee. ICISP/COD Sponsored Billing Agreement is required. Home institution tuition policies may apply.
Field and Experiential Learning, Study Abroad and Global Education
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 3520
General inquiries: (630) 942-2356
Additional Contact Information