Free Electronic Tax Return Filing
NOTE: The College of DuPage VITA site is no longer accepting appointments..
If you have questions about a return filed this year, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at (630) 942-3450.
- Please arrive to your appointment 10 to 15 minute prior to the start time, in order to check in and complete the IRS Intake form.
- The IRS Intake Form can also be completed online. Bring a printed copy of the completed intake form to your appointment.
- Bring account information if you wish to direct deposit.
Tax Preparation Documents
- Prior year 2017 federal and state tax returns filed with the IRS and Illinois Department of Revenue or other states
- W-2 for wages
- Alimony received
- Real estate tax payments
- Information on charitable donation-receipts etc.
- Child care expenses and details regarding provider
Additional Forms Received
- 1095 A-C for health insurance
- 1098 Mortgage interest or education expenses
- 1099 INT, DIV, etc.
- 5498 HSA contributions
- 1098-T for tuition paid
- 1098-E for student loan interest
- Form 1099-R for retirement distributions
- Any other tax reporting form you received
Free File: Do Your Federal Taxes for Free
Free file is a fast,safe, and free way to do your federal return online. Prepare and e-file your return to the IRS with free tax software or fillable forms. Choose a Free File option based on your income.
- Free File Software for income below $66,000
- Free File Fillable Forms for income above $66,000
To access Free File Software or Forms visit: Free File
If you have questions please e-mail email@example.com or call (630)942-3450. Please leave a message and someone will get back to you in 24 hours.
Maureen McBeth, Coordinator
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 1451, (630) 942-2879
Bev Carlson, Program Support Specialist
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 1443, (630) 942-2140
Anika Collins, Program Advising
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 1454D, (630) 942-3961
Business and Applied Technology Division
Technical Education Center (TEC), Room 1034, (630) 942-2592