Last Tax Prep Date - Sunday, March 15
- Due to the College of DuPage campus closing in response to the Coronavirus (Covid-19), the last Tax Prep date will be Sunday, March 15.
- All tax prep questions should be directed to the email taxprep.cod.edu. Due to the large volume of calls and the college campus closing we are no longer able to accept voicemail messages.
- We apologize for the inconvenience and will do our best to answer any questions regarding a previously filed return for this tax season.
Free Tax Return Preparation
Get you State and Federal tax returns electronically prepared free of charge by IRS-Certified COD students and faculty.
Schedule Your Appointment:
- To schedule your FREE tax preparation appointment visit: taxprep.simpletix.com
Tax Prep Locations:
Saturdays: 2/29, 3/7, 3/14
College Road, Parking Lot 3, Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Sunday - 3/1
301 S. Swift Rd., Addison, IL 60101
250 S. Blvd, Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Sunday - 3/8
Carol Stream Center
500 Kuhn Rd, Carol Stream, IL 60188
Sunday - 3/15
1223 Rickert Dr., Naperville, IL 60540
- Please arrive to your appointment 10 to 15 minute prior to the start time, in order to check in and complete the IRS Intake form.
- The IRS Intake Form can also be completed online. Bring a printed copy of the completed intake form to your appointment.
- Bring account information if you wish to direct deposit.
Tax Preparation Documents
You Need to Bring (For each person on the return)::
- Social Security card or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) card or letter
- Prior year's tax return
- Birth date
- Picture ID
Income statements or forms like the following:
- Wages for each job (W-2)
- Interest form (Form 1099-INT)
- Dividends (Form 1099-DIV)
- Retirement plans - (Forms 1099-R)
- Gambling winnings (Form W-2G)
- Unemployment (Form 1099-G)
- Social Security benefits (Form SSA-1099)
- Miscellaneous income (Form 1099-MISC)
- Sale of Stock (Form 1099-B)
- Scholarships and grants (Form 1098-T)
- Health insurance purchased through marketplace (Form 1095-A)
Bring if it applies to you:
- Routing and bank account numbers for direct deposit
- Tuition expenses you paid to attend a university/technical college (Form 1098-T)
- Interest you paid on student loans (Form 1098-E)
- Day care expenses you paid for your children. Bring provider's name, address, and tax ID or Social Security Number.
- Records of charitable contributions
- Homeowners: mortgage interest and real estate taxes paid for filing year (Form 1098)
- Proof of health insurance (health insurance card, Form 1095-B or C)
- Medical payments and insurance premiums paid
- Identity Theft PIN letter
- Any unfiled previous year's tax return
Free File: Do Your Federal Taxes for Free
Free file is a fast, safe, and free way to do your federal return online. Prepare and e-file your return to the IRS with free tax software or fillable forms. Choose a Free File option based on your income.
- Free File Software for income below $66,000
- Free File Fillable Forms for income above $66,000
To access Free File Software or Forms visit: Free File
Tax Prep Contact Information
If you have questions please e-mail email@example.com or call (630) 942-3450. Please leave a message and someone will get back to you in 48 hours.
Bev Carlson, Program Support Specialist
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 1443
Maureen McBeth, Accounting Program Chair, full-time faculty
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 1451
Mark Yahoudy, full-time faculty (VITA)
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 1448C