Free Tax Return Preparation
Get you State and Federal tax returns electronically prepared free of charge by IRS-Certified COD students and faculty.
Schedule Your Appointment:
- To schedule your FREE tax preparation appointment visit: https://taxprep.simpletix.com/
- Please arrive to your appointment 10 to 15 minute prior to the start time, in order to check in and complete the IRS Intake form.
- The IRS Intake Form can also be completed online. Bring a printed copy of the completed intake form to your appointment.
- Bring account information if you wish to direct deposit.
Tax Preparation Documents
You Need to Bring (For each person on the return)::
- Social Security card or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) card or letter
- Prior year's tax return
- Birth date
- Picture ID
Income statements or forms like the following:
- Wages for each job (W-2)
- Interest form (Form 1099-INT)
- Dividends (Form 1099-DIV)
- Retirement plans - (Forms 1099-R)
- Gambling winnings (Form W-2G)
- Unemployment (Form 1099-G)
- Social Security benefits (Form SSA-1099)
- Miscellaneous income (Form 1099-MISC)
- Sale of Stock (Form 1099-B)
- Scholarships and grants (Form 1098-T)
- Health insurance purchased through marketplace (Form 1095-A)
Bring if it applies to you:
- Routing and bank account numbers for direct deposit
- Tuition expenses you paid to attend a university/technical college (Form 1098-T)
- Interest you paid on student loans (Form 1098-E)
- Day care expenses you paid for your children. Bring provider's name, address, and tax ID or Social Security Number.
- Records of charitable contributions
- Homeowners: mortgage interest and real estate taxes paid for filing year (Form 1098)
- Proof of health insurance (health insurance card, Form 1095-B or C)
- Medical payments and insurance premiums paid
- Identity Theft PIN letter
- Any unfiled previous year's tax return
Free File: Do Your Federal Taxes for Free
Free file is a fast,safe, and free way to do your federal return online. Prepare and e-file your return to the IRS with free tax software or fillable forms. Choose a Free File option based on your income.
- Free File Software for income below $66,000
- Free File Fillable Forms for income above $66,000
To access Free File Software or Forms visit: Free File (Site will be available in January 2020)
If you have questions please e-mail email@example.com or call (630)942-3450. Please leave a message and someone will get back to you in 48 hours.
Maureen McBeth, Coordinator
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 1451, (630) 942-2879
Bev Carlson, Program Support Specialist
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 1443, (630) 942-2140
Anika Collins, Program Advising
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 1454D, (630) 942-3961
Business and Applied Technology Division
Technical Education Center (TEC), Room 1034, (630) 942-2592