Prepare for management and supervisory careers in business and industry. Become a manager or supervisor in small to medium-sized businesses or start your own business.
Students will learn business-related topics, including principles of management, marketing and organizational behavior, business ethics and business law, as well as subjects such as accounting, computer information systems, economics and general psychology. Discover Management courses.
Business Environments and Concepts
The Business Environment and Concepts certificate is designed for CPA examination candidates who have earned a baccalaureate degree in a discipline other than business.
The Entrepreneurship certificate provides students with the knowledge and skills involved in the marketing and management of entrepreneurial enterprises, including accounting, business budgeting and planning, product development and start-up financing.
Human Resource Management (HRM)
The Human Resource Management certificate is designed to provide entry-level human resource generalist and specialist content and competency development for individuals seeking careers in human resource positions.
The Management certificate provides students with core competencies required for a variety of positions in management. The curriculum covers accounting, business, business law, computer information systems, human resource management, principles of management, principles of marketing and organizational behavior.
The Organizational Leadership certificate provides students with the core competencies required to excel in leadership roles within nearly any organization.
The Supervision certificate provides students with the fundamental knowledge and skills required to fill supervisory roles.
Why Choose COD
Whether you are preparing for a career in business, management or marketing, planning to transfer or start your own business or updating your skills, COD has the right program for you. We offer:
- Dedicated instructors with years of practical industry and teaching experience.
- Instruction in top-notch facilities.
- Flexible schedules with day and evening classes, online learning and accelerated hybrid classes.
- Affordable programs that get you on the fast track to success without breaking the bank.
- Programs designed to prepare students with the skills that are in demand by today's employers.
- Articulated transfer programs with several prestigious universities that facilitate a convenient, affordable and streamlined approach to earning a baccalaureate degree.
Gainful Employment Information
View information about this program, including estimated cost and employment opportunities.
Anika Collins, Program Advising
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 1454D, (630) 942-3961
Business and Applied Technology Division
Technical Education Center (TEC), Room 1034, (630) 942-2592