Welcome to the COD Earth Sciences program! We offer students the opportunity to explore the fundamentals of Astronomy, general Earth Science, Geology, Hydrology, Meteorology and Oceanography for both non-science and science majors.
The Earth Sciences program fosters an instructional climate that is accessible and responsive to the global, dynamic and innovative nature of the Earth Science disciplines. Earth Science instruction is provided:
- in innovative labs designed to provide hands-on experiential learning
- online in both lab and non-lab formats
- in flexible, independent learning formats
- in practical field experiences
In the right column of this page, select the field of your choice for a list of introductory level courses that fulfill general education requirements, other courses and career opportunities.
- Associate in Science
- Student Planning Worksheet: Use When planning your coursework.
- Course Descriptions
If you are considering this program as an area of study, consult with a faculty member in this field.
Science, Technology, Engineering and Math Division
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2E06, (630) 942-3210