College of DuPage is a national test site and offers all 38 DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST) exams to students and the community. Students who want to transfer DSST credit to other institutions should refer to each school's DSST policy for accepted credits. College of DuPage does not accept DSST exams for credit. For more information about DSST tests, please visit www.getcollegecredit.com.
Please Note: Until further notice the Testing Center is not administering the DSST public speaking exam.
DSST exams are administered by appointment and registration is completed online. Please read the following information before registering:
- A DSST account must be created before testing. Bring the username and password for the account to the test. Read the instructions for first-time registration.
- There is a $30 administration fee due at the time of registration which is non-refundable. DSST requires an additional $80 fee due at the time of the exam. DSST fees are paid by credit card only. Discover cards are not accepted by DSST.
- To reschedule, call the Testing Center at (630) 942-2401. There is a $15 rescheduling fee that will be charged at the time of the request.
- On the day of the exam, bring a government-issued photo ID with a signature. Answers to questions about acceptable IDs can be found by calling the Testing Center at (630) 942-2401.
- DSST tests are free to members of the military. Please visit http://www.getcollegecredit.com/?s=dantes for more information.