New students are required to submit a $20 nonrefundable application fee when applying to College of DuPage or submit documentation to qualify for the undergraduate application fee waiver.
Students meeting the requirements listed below can qualify for the $20 General Undergraduate Admission Application fee waiver. The application fee waiver must be requested before completing the Undergraduate General Admission Application. Students who pay the $20 application fee and then request an application fee waiver will not be reimbursed.
The $20 undergraduate admission application fee is waived for veterans or active military service personnel.
Contact Admissions and Outreach at (630) 942-2626 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for the military application fee waiver promotional code.
Applicants meeting the criteria below must submit required documentation to receive an application fee waiver. The document must have a valid date and the applicant’s name must be printed on the document.
Economic need for an application fee waiver is defined as follows:
- Expected Family Contribution on the Student Aid Report (SAR) is $6,206 or less.
- School officials such as high school counselors, community college advisors, or financial
aid counselors may verify economic hardship if:
- Applicant has received or is eligible to receive an SAT or ACT testing fee waiver.
- Applicant is enrolled in or is eligible to participate in the Federal Free or Reduced Price Lunch program (FRPL).
- Applicant is enrolled in a federal, state, or local program that aids students from low-income families (i.e., TRiO programs such as Upward Bound).
- Applicant receives public assistance (i.e., Medicaid card, Illinois SNAP, Illinois All Kids Insurance, Social Security Benefits letter).
- Applicant lives in federally subsidized public housing, a foster home, or is homeless.
- Applicant is a ward of the state or an orphan.
- Applicant has a letter from high school requesting a waiver based on the pre-determined economic need printed on school letterhead.
- PADS ID card or letter from PADS/360 Youth Services letter.
Out of Workforce
Students working with Workforce Development Services can qualify for an application fee waiver. Applicants with a letter from the Illinois Department of Human Services (unemployment) or WorkNet DuPage may apply.
State the reason why the applicant should be eligible for a waiver if the reasons listed on this page are not applicable.
Email the Office of Admissions and Outreach with your request.
The Admissions Office is operating during regular business hours:
- Monday and Tuesday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.