Benefits to Becoming a Student Ambassador
Student Ambassadors are a distinct group of students who volunteer their time to share their unique COD student experience with prospective students, the community, and staff. Our ambassadors act as student representatives at several Admission and Outreach programs. By becoming a student ambassador, you will:
- Obtain leadership skills helpful for transfer, job, and scholarship opportunities
- Develop communication, public speaking, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Enhance your resume! Student Ambassadors get real-life work experience
- Receive a tuition-waived 3-credit hour class
Student Ambassador Expectations
- Available on Wednesdays for tours from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Available for events on select Wednesdays and Thursdays between 5 to 7 p.m.
- Assist with up to 10 to 15 tours/events in a semester
- Assist with High School Visits, Open House, Junior/Senior Night, College Fair, Information Sessions, and other events held throughout the semester
- Lead on-campus tours for prospective students and their families
- First-time students will be required to enroll in Speech-1100 for student ambassadors
- Student ambassadors must maintain satisfactory academic standards
- Complete the application form below
- Attend a required interview
- Student ambassadors will be required to attend a two-week training that will take place two weeks before the start of the term.
Student Ambassador Application
- Fall: July 15
- Spring: November 30
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Please make sure your internet browser is up-to-date.
For more information, email StuAmb@cod.edu.