Scholars Award Program
The Scholars Award Program is College of DuPage's premier merit-based scholarship
program for 2019-20 high school graduates. Scholarships are awarded based on a holistic
review of all scholarship materials, so applicants should try to highlight why they
stand out on their Scholars Award application.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
When students apply for the Scholars Award Program, they are evaluated based on their cumulative GPA, ACT/SAT scores and their answer to the Scholars Award essay question.
Graduating high school seniors who live in District 502 or attend a District 502 high school are welcome to apply.
Meet one of the Following Criteria to Apply:
- Minimum 3.5 GPA/4.0 Scale or 4.37 GPA/5.0 Scale (Students meeting GPA requirement must have a minimum 950 SAT or 20 ACT to be considered).
- 1200 SAT Total Score
- 25 ACT Composite Score
Once students complete the Scholars Award application, they may be offered one of our three Scholars Awards. Scholarships are awarded based on the recommendations of the Scholars Award Committee.
- Presidential Scholars Award
Covers up to 64 credit hours of in-district tuition at College of DuPage
- Board of Trustees Scholars Award
$2,500 award ($1,250 per semester). Renewed annually for up to four semesters.
- Deans Scholars Award
$1,000 award ($500 per semester). Renewed annually for up to four semesters.
Process to Apply
- Complete the General Admissions application to College of DuPage at admissions.cod.edu
- Complete the general application on the Academic Works Scholarship Portal using your myACCESS username and password
- Complete the College of DuPage Scholars Award supplemental application on Academic Works Scholarship Portal
- When submitting the application on Academic Works, please make sure to submit the
- Official ACT/SAT Scores
- Official high school transcript
- 500 word essay
Timeline to Apply
- Fall Priority Deadline: Friday, November 22, 2019
- Spring Deadline: Tuesday, March 31, 2020
Once a student is awarded one of the three Scholars Awards, they must accept their position in the program by the deadline date. Details about how to accept a Scholars Award will be provided in the acceptance letter and email.
Scholars Award Student Advising & Registration Sessions
At the Scholars Award Student Advising & Registration Sessions, students meet with the Scholars Award Counselors, learn more about the program requirements, register for classes, and setup their payment plans (if awarded the Board of Trustees or Deans Scholarships).
Students will be sent more information about the Scholars Award Student Advising & Registration Sessions once they've accepted their award online. Students are required to attend these registration sessions as part of the requirements of the Scholars Award program.
Students who accept their Presidential, Board of Trustees or Deans Scholarship are automatically enrolled in the College of DuPage Honors Program.
- 3.5/4.0 GPA in high school, 25 composite ACT, or 1200 SAT Total Score
- 3.2 cumulative GPA for 8+ college-level credits
The Honors Program is a vibrant community of students and faculty dedicated to academic excellence. The program offers many benefits, including: honors sections of required courses and electives, small class sizes, extra-curricular activities and events, honors recognition on the transcript, and transfer scholarship opportunities.
For students that receive the Presidential Scholars Award, they are automatically enrolled in the College of DuPage Honors Program and, if eligible for Phi Theta Kappa, the $80 membership will be waived.
There is no application to take honors classes. Eligible students can enroll automatically or after having eligibility checked by the Office of Counseling, Advising and Transfer Services.
To achieve the Honors Scholar designation, students must complete 15 credit hours of honors coursework, including an honors seminar; maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher; and graduate with a COD degree or certificate.
Graduating students who complete the Scholars Awards are recognized at the spring Celebration of Academic Excellence.
Requirements to Maintain Scholarship
- Must be enrolled full-time (minimum 12 credit hours) pursuing a degree or certificate program
- Maintain a 3.5 GPA while at College of DuPage
- Meet with an assigned academic advisor prior to registering for classes each semester
- Presidential Scholars Award Recipients Only: Complete 20 hours of approved volunteer service during the first year of the scholarship
All Scholars Award Program recipients will have their respective scholarship notated on the final transcript upon successful completion of all graduation and scholarship requirements.
NOTE: If a student fails to comply with the above requirements, they will no longer be considered a part of the Scholars Award Program. The student would then be responsible for payment, in full, of all tuition after that semester. Please note that the Scholars Award cannot be reinstated even should the student achieve a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher in the future.
Office of Admissions & Outreach
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 2207, (630) 942-2626
Student Services Center (SSC) Room 3258, (630) 942-2230
Counseling & Advising Center
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 3200, (630) 942-2259
Office of Student Financial Assistance
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 2220, (630) 942-2251
Honors Program Office
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 3420, (630) 942-3318