Lifelong Learning at College of DuPage incorporates the best of what enrichment has to offer at any age. We offer a mix of courses, workshops, seminars and lectures designed especially for adults 50 and older, in a wide variety of topic areas. A reduced senior rate applies for participants 55 and over. Come join us - new courses begin each week.
In Continuing Education, we believe that learning never stops. Find out all that Lifelong Learning has to offer!
Fall Online Course Highlights
The American Revolution in our National Park System
More than 30 of our 423 National Park Service sites have a direct connection to the American Revolution. We explore the sites that tell the revolutionary story, the events and places that preceded it, the moments that shaped its direction, and battles that decided the outcome. Furthermore, we share sites revealing issues not resolved in the 1783 Treaty of Paris. Instructor: David Kroese
Thursday, Oct. 14
1 to 3 p.m.
HUMNT-0001-0017, $29; Lifelong Learning $19
The Plus 50 Program
Continuing Education has developed a series of streamlined classes designed with experiences and skills of adult learners in mind. Learn more here.
- Career Search for Plus 50 - Sept. 27 to Oct. 25
- Negotiation Skills for Women - Nov. 1 to 8
- Job Search Websites - Nov. 3 to 17
- Networking for Plus 50 - Nov. 9 to 16
- Self-Discovery for Plus 50 - Nov. 23 to Dec. 14
Free Enrichment for Lifelong Learners
Enjoy the topics and the company! Continuing Education presents free lectures and discussions through our Sage Series and Lunch Break Lectures. Join us for an inspired selection of new topics.
Sessions are free. Registration is required.
For full descriptions and locations, please view the current Schedule of Classes.
- The Story of Our Solar System - Saturday, Oct. 23
- The Twilight Zone: Six Degrees of Separation - Friday, Nov. 12
Lunch Break Lectures
Sessions are free. Registration is required Wednesdays from noon to 1 p.m.
Fall Online Lecture via Zoom
- Oct. 13 - Catherine of Aragon: The Real Spanish Princess with instructor Joan Krawitz, HUMNT-0001-504
- Oct. 27 - Simon & Garfunkel: Sound and Then Silence with instructor Gary Wenstrup, HUMNT-0001-505
- Nov. 10 - Owls of the Chicago Area with instructor Jack MacRae, HUMNT-0001-506
- Nov. 24 - Life on the Homefront: Women and WWII with instructor Joan Krawitz, HUMNT-0001-507
Share Your Passion and Experience
College of DuPage Continuing Education is seeking community members who are interested in facilitating Lifelong Learning courses and seminars! Call (630) 942-2208 for assistance with completing a New Course Proposal Form.
Lifelong Learning Scholarship Fund
Limited scholarship funds are available to assist Lifelong Learners who choose to participate in Continuing Education programs. If you are interested in contributing to this fund, please choose "Lifelong Learning Programs" on the College of DuPage Foundation donation page or call (630) 942-2462.