Make the most of your time at home. Do something positive for the community.
- Make weekly friendly phone calls to seniors to prevent the feeling of social isolation. Contact DuPage Senior Citizens Council to apply. Additional opportunities are updated regularly through Giving DuPage Portal as volunteers are urgently needed to assist DuPage social service agencies with well-being phone calls and social media advocates.
- Become a virtual tutor or mentor with the Glen Ellyn Children's Resource Center.
- DuPage Care Center is in need of 600 hand-sewn masks. Check out the simple instructions here.
Requested In-kind Donations
- People's Resource Center is collecting food pantry items.
- Sharing Connections will accept your gently used furniture to help neighbors in need.
- DuPage Pads has a critical shortage of essentials. Donations are accepted at the Client Services Center.
Assistance for Community Members
- ICNA Relief in Glendale Heights provides food, essential school supplies, and social services for those in need.
- Elmhurst Yorkfield Food Pantry is now open and serving residents contact-free.
- Metropolitan Family Services is ready to support those who are feeling overwhelmed by family circumstances.
Please note that COD Cares compensated service hours are only applicable to group service activities hosted by COD Cares and, therefore, are not applicable to the above list.
COD Cares About What You Care About
Email CODCares@cod.edu to tell us about your favorite national or local organization and why it is special to you! We can include it on this page or add it to our growing list of monthly group service activities.
Community Relations Coordinator