Make the most of your time at home. Do something positive for the community.
- Make weekly friendly phone calls to seniors to prevent the feeling of social isolation. Contact DuPage Senior Citizens Council to apply. Additional opportunities are updated regularly through Giving DuPage Portal as volunteers are urgently needed to assist DuPage social service agencies with well-being phone calls and social media advocates.
- Become a virtual tutor or mentor with the Glen Ellyn Children's Resource Center.
- Visit the Giving DuPage Volunteer Search Portal (image below) for current and urgent volunteer needs.
Please note that COD Cares compensated service hours are only applicable to group service activities hosted by COD Cares and, therefore, are not applicable to the above list.
Requested In-kind Donations
- People's Resource Center is collecting food pantry items.
- Sharing Connections will accept your gently used furniture to help neighbors in need.
- DuPage Pads has a critical shortage of essentials. Donations are accepted at the Client Services Center.
Assistance for Community Members
For a complete list of community service organizations, visit DuPage CRIS (Community Resource Information System).
COD Cares About What You Care About
Email CODCares@cod.edu to tell us about your favorite national or local organization and why it is special to you! We can include it on this page or add it to our growing list of monthly group service activities.
Community Engagement Coordinator