The College’s volunteer corps, COD Cares actively supports and strengthens College of DuPage communities by fostering a culture of service among College employees, students and community members.
Volunteering on Campus This Summer
Pack and distribute groceries during summer Mobile Markets hosted by Northern Illinois Food Bank and COD. Register for Wednesday, July 5, or Monday, Aug. 14. Two time slots are available. Mobile Markets are held in College Lot 6 at the northwest corner of Lambert and College roads. Do you know someone who is food insecure? Share Mobile Market information with them today.
#PickUp5 is a simple and social way to keep our campus clean. When you see litter, pick it up. Take a photo of yourself flashing your five fingers and the five pieces of litter and go social with the hashtag #PickUp5.
Fuel Gardeners are needed this season. Help grow organic herbs and vegetables to support the Fuel Pantry. Contact Vicki Gerberich to volunteer. Compensated Service Hours are available.
COD Natural Areas require care to maintain balance and serve as habitats for native plants and animals. Volunteers are needed in the prairie, ecological study area or wildlife sanctuary. Compensated Service Hours are available. Contact Prairie Manager Anna Bakker for more details.
Thanks to our 2023 Roll Up Your Sleeves Volunteers
Hundreds of volunteers took a break from classes, braved inclement weather, played in the dirt and nurtured the environment during COD Cares' Roll Up Your Sleeves Week of Service.
By sharing your time and lending a hand, we were able to:
- Pack and distribute fresh produce and groceries to 100 families
- Cut back invasive species to aid restoration of prairie land on campus and at Fermilab
- Refresh compost bins, clear garden beds and build trellises for COD's Fuel Garden
- Save 105 lives through blood donations
- Use recycled materials to build more than 75 Mason bee habitats
- Repurpose books and educational materials with SCARCE to keep them out of landfills
View photos from Roll Up Your Sleeves 2023