COMMUNITY RESOURCES FOR STUDENTS AND STAFF
- www.DuPageCRIS.org: Visit the DuPage Community Resource Information System for a comprehensive list of services in the area for basic needs, including financial, food, and shelter.
- Housing: The DuPage Convention and Visitors Bureau is working with hotels in the area that are offering emergency college student rates. Email Noonie@DiscoverDuPage.com for more information.
- Immediate job openings are being shared by workNet DuPage, along with several other resources for those out of work.
- Online Learning Resources: The COD library has multiple remote resources to access and most local libraries are continuing to offer online resources. Connect with children's book authors who are reading their books aloud to kids here.
- Comcast Internet Essentials program provides low-cost monthly internet and computers for those who qualify.
- Relax and Refocus: Mindfulness meditation during regular weekly sessions with Dr. Dennis Emano, Margaret McKenzie, and COD's Adjunct Faculty Office Kate Szetela on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 11 a.m. Participate in thirty minute self-compassion sessions on Tuesdays at 9 a.m.
- Stay Active: With gyms closed across the nation, many companies are stepping up to offer free workout videos. See this article from NBC News with a list of valuable links.
- Tune in to music that brings comfort from cellist Yo-Yo Ma and others by searching social media channels for "#songsofcomfort".
DuPage County is coordinating donations of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to assist in the COVID-19 response. Visit www.protectdupage.org for more information. Additionally, for the past five years, COD Cares has partnered with the following agencies to bring hope and support to our community.
- Humanitarian Service Project supports hundreds of children and seniors in our district and is asking for monetary support. The next $8,500 in donations will be matched 100%. Click here to donate on their secure site.
- Ronald McDonald Houses and Ronald McDonald Family Rooms are relying on catered meals and restaurant gift cards.
- Support restaurants by ordering takeout and delivery to help them stay afloat, while keeping staff members gainfully employed.
- Purchase gift cards to use at a later date.
- Share the love as you work remotely. Send box lunches to your co-workers from Toasty Cheese. Best of all, for every box lunch you send, Toasty Cheese will donate to Feed My Starving Children. Visit www.myboxlunch.com.
Why does COD Care?
Residents of District 502 graciously support College of DuPage. They believe in our mission to be a center for excellence in teaching, learning, and cultural experiences. This show of faith and giving to College of DuPage is a good reminder that, beyond our normal duties, it is valuable to find new and different ways to give back.
Compensated Service Hours
Compensated Service Hours are available with supervisor approval to encourage participation among employees in COD Cares group service activities. Please visit the webpage for specific details on how comp time may be used.
Community Relations Coordinator