student thinking in class

Frequently Asked Questions

The Center for Access and Accommodations is located in the Student Services Center (SSC) on the College of DuPage campus in Room 3249. Students with disabilities are able to request accommodations by submitting a request form. The following is a list of frequently asked questions regarding Access and Accommodations.

Tutoring and other academic support services are available to all students of the college through the Learning Commons.
Placement Tests are not timed, so students who only need extended time are already accommodated. If you have other questions or concerns about disability based needs as they related to the placements tests, call (630) 942-2154 for more information.
The Center for Access and Accommodations will provide temporary parking permits that can be used to park on campus for a maximum of two weeks. Those needing barrier-free parking for longer use should apply for a placard through the Office of the Secretary of State.

College of DuPage accepts a variety of documentation to qualify students for accommodations. Students who received accommodations during High School can submit their IEP or 504 Plan. The most recent 3-year evaluation is typically the most helpful.

For students who did not have an IEP or 504 plan, documentation can be provided by any health care professional who is qualified to diagnose and/or treat their condition. The professional does not have to specifically be a doctor. 

When we review documentation, we are looking for a few things:

  1. A diagnosis
  2. Information about how the diagnosis impairs one or more major life activities
  3. How the disability impacts the individual in an academic setting

It can also be helpful to have the healthcare provider include information about frequency and severity of symptoms, especially if it is a condition that flares up from time to time.

The College engages in an individualized and interactive process with any student seeking accommodations. That process starts with the student filling out a request for accommodations.

Contact Information

Center for Access and Accommodations

Summer Hours

Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday, closed

Phone: (630) 942-2154
Fax: (630) 942-2071