College of DuPage assists employers with recruitment opportunities for College of DuPage students, alumni and in-district residents. Assistance is offered to employers in accordance with the Principles of Professional Conduct for Career Services Professionals outlined by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE). Additionally, the College of DuPage Career Services Center requires all employers to act in accordance with the Principles of Professional Conduct for Employment Professionals, as outlined by NACE.
Employers wishing to recruit at College of DuPage must meet the following criteria and follow the noted expectations.
I. Recruiting Criteria
A. Employers must fall into at least one of the following categories (may be for profit or not-for-profit):
- Public and Private Companies or Organizations
- Government agencies or associations
- Third Party Recruiters / Staffing Agencies
"A personal residence, individual or household seeking personal services (i.e. childcare, housekeeping, therapy, etc.) solely commission-based,or multilevel marketing companies are not considered and are ineligible for listing services through the Career Services Center."
B. Employers must be appropriately licensed as required by the state. The Career Services Center must be able to verify that a company is a licensed business and that basic information about a company is readily accessible.
C. At-Home Business Policy: A personal residence, individual or household seeking personal services (i.e. childcare, housekeeping, therapy, etc.), solely commission-based, or multilevel marketing companies are not considered and are ineligible for listing services through the Career Services Center. Home-based businesses must provide a Certificate of Insurance to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to being approved on Chaps Get Hired.
Employers who wish to recruit on campus must meet the following expectations:
A. Register with Chaps Get Hired, College of DuPage's online career link. Each company must include the following with their registration:
- Company Name
- Company Address (must not be a P.O. Box or personal address)
- Contact person name and title
- Contact person phone and email
- Company website
- Detailed Company description
- Must initial the EOE Status
B. Clearly disclose the employing organization's name and the specific duties required of that position
C. Must not solicit or sell products during the course of recruiting.
D. May not charge any type of fee or payment as a condition of hiring, employment orientation or training
E. May not post positions in private homes or other environments deemed unfit by Career Services
F. Comply with all federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) laws (Title Vi, and IX, and ADA) and the Department of Labor Fair Labor Standards Act when recruiting for any unpaid internship(s).
G. Must use student and applicant information and resumes for the sole purpose of recruiting and hiring and may not make unsolicited contact with candidates to promote products or services.
H. Must safeguard all personally identifiable information of candidates
I. Must comply with the policies of College of DuPage and the Career Services Center.
J. Staffing Agencies and Third-Party Recruiters will not solicit opportunities from other employers while recruiting on campus.
Employers who do not comply with the noted criteria, expectations or the NACE Principles for Professional Practice while recruiting College of DuPage students, alumni and community members may be
temporarily or permanently restricted from some or all recruiting services. "The Career
Services Center may update and modify the employer recruitment policy at any time
due to the ever-changing nature of the workforce and methods of hiring. The Career
Services Center reserves the right to review all employers and employment opportunities
and may reject and/or modify recruiting rights and access based on the best interest
of students, alumni, and community members. Discontinuation of services will occur
should it be deemed that an employer has violated any aspect of the set recruiting
III. Third-Party Recruiters and Staffing Services
Third party recruiters are invited to recruit on campus under the following guidelines:
- They identify themselves as a third party recruiter at the top of all job postings.
- Fees are not charged to the candidate at any time
- They are able to provide to the Career Services Center (should it be requested) the identity of the employer being represented and the nature of the relationship between the agency and the employer, and permit the Career Services Center to verify this information by contacting the named client.
- They provide a complete job description for valid openings
- They release candidate information exclusively to the identified employer only. Re-disclosure of candidate information is not permitted.
IV. Personally Identifiable Information Collected by the Career Services Center
The Career Services Center safeguards personally identifiable information of students and alumni under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
For community members who are not subject to FERPA protections, the Career Services Center will exercise sound judgment in protecting the personal information gathered when providing services. However, it is the responsibility of community members to safeguard their personally identifiable information when using the services of the Career Services Center, regardless of the source, including written records, reports, surveys and computer databases such as College Central Network DuPage.
V. Recruiting Services for Employers
A. Job and Internship Postings
- Employers may post jobs and internships on the Chaps Get Hired, College of DuPage's online career link.
- Postings must be individual postings, no multiple postings will be approved.
- All postings must be descriptive of the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- The Career Services Center will review and approve all postings, and reserves the right to verify that a posting is an authentic job opportunity, and is in the best interests of students, alumni and community job seekers.
- Employers must register and post positions on their own accord. College of DuPage staff cannot post positions for employers
- Employers are responsible for updating company contact information and for re-posting expired positions within the Chaps Get Hired system.
B. Virtual Internship Policy
- Employers may post jobs and internships on the Chaps Get Hired, College of DuPage's online career link.
- Employers recruiting virtual internship opportunities must provide the Career Services
Center with a communication plan and remote policy to be reviewed and approved prior
to posting positions. Please send this information to email@example.com.
- Communication plans will include the who, what, where, when and how of the business's
communication between staff.
- Who will the intern report to directly?
- What will be expected of the intern regarding questions, project updates, project clarification and more.
- Where will the communication take place? Example: via email, zoom, google drive, etc.
- When will the direct supervisor and intern be communicating? Example: daily, weekly, bi-weekly, etc.
- How will the intern receive a mentoring experience and appropriate feedback?
- Communication plans will include the who, what, where, when and how of the business's communication between staff.
- Employers recruiting for virtual internship opportunities must provide students with the appropriate resources for the student to be successful. i.e. cloud access, hot spot accessibility, zoom, and all other equipment and document sharing tools.
- Employers must provide the Career Services Center with proof of business insurance.
- All non-virtual meetings must be conducted in a public location. i.e. a coffee shop, library, College of DuPage etc.
- All virtual internship opportunities must provide students with weekly mentoring opportunities between the student and direct supervisor.
- Virtual internships should not last more than 16 weeks which is the length of an academic semester whether or not the student is pursuing academic credit.
C. Resume Access
- Chaps Get Hired provides employers access to candidate resumes. Employers must be approved for resume access by the Career Services Center.
- Student information may be used for the sole purpose of recruiting and cannot be sold or provided to other entities.
- It is the responsibility of the candidates to manage their own accounts and communication settings with respect to whom they authorize release of information in their resume and how they wish to be contacted by Chaps Get Hired and employers.
D. On-Campus Recruiting Policy
- Employers will be allowed to participate in our On-Campus Recruitment Program up to once per month.
- Cancellations must be received 24 hours in advance or will be considered a no-show.
- One no show may forfeit your on-campus recruiting for the remainder of the academic year.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your registered time to allow time to check in with the Career Services Office and make it to your tabling location. Please see parking location and map of the campus.
- Please plan to stay for the entire time that you registered. Times are strategically chosen to maximize student exposure.
- We offer the use of a 6 ft table, two chairs, and a table cloth. We also offer the opportunity to include your company logo and other information about your company on our monitors in Partnership Hall. You must submit your company logo at least two weeks prior to your scheduled recruitment date.
E. On-Campus Interviewing
- Employers may conduct individual or group applications and/or interviews on campus by contacting the Career Services Center to schedule a time and location.
- Space and technology access is contingent upon availability.
F. Career Fairs
- Career fairs conducted by College of DuPage require employer registration and may or may not include a fee to attend.
- College of DuPage Career Services Center reserves the right to deny access to employers for any reason that is not in the best interests of the College, students, and community job seekers.
- Staffing Agencies and Third-Party Recruiters will be eligible to attend if space allows and will be subject to abide by all listed recruiting policies. Agencies who violate these policies forfeit their eligibility to recruit at COD.
Any questions about these policies can be directed to the Career Services Center at (630) 942-2230.
Student Services Center (SSC) Room 3258
Phone: (630) 942-2230
Fax: (630) 942-4596
Monday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.