Career Services assists students with the job and internship search process by equipping students with the appropriate tools and resources to secure current or future employment. Career Services engages students early in their time at College of DuPage to help them develop an employment plan and works with students to develop job search strategies and documents. Career Services assists students through individual appointments, class presentations, workshops, materials and social media.
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment with Career Services, complete the Service Request Form. Appointments are generally scheduled for one hour sessions.
Student/Job Seeker Cancellation or Missed Appointment Policy
- Clients who do not attend the first 10 minutes of a 30-minute appointment or 15 minutes of the start of a 1-hour appointment will forfeit their appointment time and will be marked as a no-show.
- Appointments canceled within 12 hours of the scheduled appointment will be considered a no-show.
- Career Services reserves the right to revoke appointment eligibility for students with 3 or more consecutive no-show appointments. Clients will have to wait until the following semester to schedule an appointment but may participate in webinars and hiring events and access online resources such as Chaps Get Hired and Career Coach.
*A semester is defined as the start and end of 16-week classes in the Fall and Spring and 10-week classes in the Summer.
The Career Services Center may experience peak periods throughout the semester in which current students utilize our services. As a result, our alums and community member offerings may be limited.
Alumni and community members may schedule/participate in 6 appointments per academic year and are encouraged to review the Career Services Center website for resources and up-to-date appointment scheduling procedures.
The Career Services Center does not offer walk-in services. Contact the center at firstname.lastname@example.org before coming to campus to inquire about the availability of programs or appointments.
On-Campus Recruiting-Workforce Wednesdays Program
Follow us on social media @codcareercenter to learn about the employers who are recruiting for COD students on select Wednesday's throughout the Fall and Spring terms!
Electronic Resume Review
Career Services will also review your resume electronically. If you are interested in utilizing this service, fill out the Job Seeker Request Form. The Career Services Center is excited to utilize VMock SMART Resume.
- Job Search Resources
- Career and College Information Collection - COD Library
- Chaps Get Hired: Electronic Job Board
- Illinois WorkNet
- WorkNet DuPage
Many College of DuPage students seek internships as a way of building professional skills. To learn more about the internship process and academic requirements, click on the Student Internship Information link below.
Student Services Center (SSC) Room 3258
Phone: (630) 942-2230
Fax: (630) 942-4596
Monday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.