male students walking outside

Undocumented Student Resources

College of DuPage is committed to our students and the community, regardless of immigration status. We understand that undocumented students, DACAmented students and mixed-status families of our community face challenges when navigating college. College of DuPage has designated an undocumented student liaison in order to stay on top of emerging needs and be an advocate for students and their families.

Getting Started at College of DuPage

If you are a new to College of DuPage and need help with submitting your application or paying for college, COD has resources that can help.

To get started with your application, follow the steps to enrollment. Undocumented and DACAmented students should submit the general application and not the international application. When you begin filling out your general application to apply to COD, follow these tips: 

  • Use your full legal name; do not shorten your name or use nicknames.
  • Use your personal email; do not use a school or family email account.
  • Only sections with a red asterisk are required to answer on the application.
  • Answer the question, “Are you a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident?” correctly, even though this question does not have a red asterisk.
  • Leave the “Visa Type” question blank. If you are an international student seeking F1-Visa, visit International Student Services.  

The general application requires a social security number. To obtain an alternate identification number, contact your assigned admission representative or the Office of Admissions and Outreach at (630) 942-2626. For more information, schedule a campus visit or attend an upcoming admissions event. 

For questions about applying to COD or following the steps to enrollment, contact:

Iris Castellanos
Admissions Representative
Hablo español
Phone: (630) 942-2397

Paying for College

Find out how to pay for college by reviewing the following information.


Students are encouraged to research different scholarship opportunities. Scholarships are available for a variety of categories including community involvement, academic program or grade point average. Every scholarship has their own eligibility requirements.

Internal Scholarships

College of DuPage offers scholarship opportunities on a semester-by-semester basis. Fall scholarships are posted in January and due in March. Spring scholarships are posted in September and due in November. For more information, watch a video on applying for scholarships.

External Scholarships

External scholarships are open-to-the-public. Students are encouraged to follow organizations listed below on social media for more information on scholarship opportunities. 

Financial Aid Applications

Students may be eligible apply either by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Alternative Application for Illinois. If you need help submitting your application, attend a Financial Aid Workshop. Students under political asylum or in the process of seeking residency should contact their Financial Aid Representative to determine eligibility.

FAFSA Application

In order to complete a FAFSA application, students must meet several eligibility requirements. Students of mixed status families may run into questions when submitting a FAFSA application. For more information, visit

Alternative Application for Illinois

Undocumented/DACAmented students may be eligible to apply for the Alternative Application for Illinois. To review eligibility requirements, visit the Illinois Student Assistance Commission.

For additional questions regarding paying for college, contact their Financial Aid Representative. If you feel you have incorrectly been billed tuition as an international student, contact the International Student Services office to request a tuition appeal form.

Counseling Advising and Transfer Services

Current COD students can receive assistance with educational, career and personal counseling through Counseling, Advising and Transfer Services. For additional questions or to schedule an appointment, call (630) 942-2259. Students will need to provide their COD student ID number.

The following counselors have experience in working with undocumented, DACAmented students and mixed-status students:

Devin Chambers, Counselor

Laura Kaslow, Counselor
Hablo español

Rosie Carbajal-Romo, Counselor
Hablo español

Undocumented Student Resources

The following resources provide a wealth of information on education, healthcare, housing, immigration lawyers, food insecurity, new legislation, and emergency aid. Follow these organizations on social media for updates.

Contact Information

Elizabeth Gómez de la Casa, Manager, Intercultural and Latino Student Initiatives, Undocumented Student Liaison
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 1500
Hablo español
Phone: (630) 942-3146