Since its inception in 1967, College of DuPage has matured into something special. COD is a community college with far-reaching impact. We are rooted in the community that supports our mission, yet we continually strive to keep up with the needs and demands of an ever-changing world.
- From our faculty to our Board of Trustees, COD understands the importance of maintaining relevance on all levels: interpersonal, academic, civic, cultural and economic.
- With a steady eye on regional, national and international developments, College of DuPage fulfills its mission as an educational and economic agent of change for the residents it serves.
- Beyond all other considerations, we are educators; we believe there are few things more powerful than a mind engaged. We are excited by the possibilities ignited when knowledge is imparted through meaningful discourse, in the service of realizing each and every one of our community member's full potential.
Discover more about the world-class institution available to you and your family, right here in DuPage County.
Our Commitment to Students and the Community
In order to fulfill our duty as responsible stewards of a valuable resource, we profess the following statements as guiding principles in all that we hope to achieve in service of the community at large.
The mission of College of DuPage is to be a center for excellence in teaching, learning, and cultural experiences by providing accessible, affordable, and comprehensive education.
College of DuPage will be the primary college district residents choose for high quality education.
- We expect the highest standard of moral character and ethical behavior.
- We expect truthfulness and trustworthiness.
- We expect courtesy and dignity in all interpersonal interactions.
- We expect fulfillment of obligations and accountability.
- We expect that everyone in our college community has an equal opportunity to pursue their academic, personal, and professional goals.
COD Believes in the Power of Teaching and Learning
- We endorse the right of each person to accessible and affordable opportunities to learn and affirm the innate value of the pursuit of knowledge and its application to life. Our primary commitment is to facilitate and support student success in learning.
COD is Committed to Excellence
- We seek quality in all that we do. To ensure quality, we are committed to continual assessment and self-evaluation.
COD Values Diversity
- We seek to reflect and meet the educational needs of the residents of our large, multicultural district. We recognize the importance of embracing individual differences and cultures and value the contributions made to the College by people of all ethnic and cultural backgrounds. We affirm our role as a catalyst for promoting dialogue and tolerance on issues supporting the common good.
COD Promotes Participation in Planning and Decision Making
- We support participatory governance and the involvement of the College community in the development of a shared vision. We believe that all students, staff, and residents can make meaningful contributions within a respectful environment that encourages meaningful discourse. We strive to build an organizational climate in which freedom of expression is defended and civility is affirmed.
COD Values Freedom of Expression
- We recognize the need for freedom of expression and that facts, arguments, and judgments should be presented, tested, debated, challenged, deliberated and probed for their objective truth in the marketplace of ideas.
COD Will Be a Benefit to Students and Community
- The needs of our students and community are central to all we do.
College of DuPage By the Numbers
Students Attend COD
Student to Faculty Ratio
Areas of Study
Resources Available to Community Members
College of DuPage is a valuable resources to residents of DuPage County. Local businesses and community members can take advantage of a programs and services offered by the College.
In many COD programs, students use learning labs that provide them with real world experience by serving the community through offerings like the Dental Hygiene Clinic, Massage Clinic, the Salon@COD cosmetology clinic or free tax preparation from accounting students.
Student and Alumni Stories
"While the Nursing program really pushed us, the faculty genuinely cared about the students and wanted us to succeed." - Jhenevie OcaRead Student and Alumni Stories
"I chose to teach because I find so much joy helping others come up the ranks of our profession" - Shelly MocchiRead Faculty Stories
"Every time I wear my uniform, I am representing not only myself, but also the police department and the College whether I am conducting specialized training or coaching student workers." - Raul ValladaresRead Staff Stories
Outstanding Faculty Members
"It's all about the idea of keeping their flames lit, jumpstarting their curiosity, and encouraging them to think beyond their own socialization. If you keep students engaged, curious, and open-minded, that’s education." - Theo DardenRead Outstanding Faculty Member Stories
“When I came to campus for the first time and saw the display cases full of student work in the Fashion Studies area, I fell in love with the program. There was nothing like it at home." - Aby Cardenas ArcilaRead Outstanding Graduate Stories
Support College of DuPage
Honor a faculty member, contribute to a program or inspire a current student and make a donation to the College of DuPage Foundation. Donations are used for program and student tuition support.